Production Manager, Silvertown, East London
The Company: Tate & Lyle Sugars
ASR Group's companies have more than 150 years of experience taking sugar cane from the field to the table. Our expertise in every aspect of the cane sugar process is without equal. We are the largest vertically integrated cane sugar refiner in the world. Our nine refineries are found in five countries across the globe. As an expert in raw sugar procurement, our reach spans more than 40 countries and our network of partners and suppliers has never been stronger. Our brands are leaders in their respective markets. We sell our branded and private label sugars, sweeteners and syrups in the grocery, food service, industrial and pharmaceutical channels in the Americas, Caribbean, Europe, the Middle East, India and Asia.
Assume responsibility of the syrup packaging operations. Manage a team of approximately 30 staff to operate 5 packing lines producing in excess of 20,000 tonnes of value added product annually. Monitor the efficiencies of the lines by reporting output, OEE, downtime and other performance metrics. Manage the team in a manner which is engaging and supports the site's ambition to establish a culture driven by continuous improvement techniques.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed agreed site targets for Safety, Health, Hygiene, Environment and Quality and ensure legislative and regulatory compliance.
- Update and maintain operational procedures and ensure adherence to SHHEQ policies and procedures.
- Manage a team of ~30 packing Operators across 5x retail and industrial syrup lines
- Provide regular feedback/coaching to direct reports. Commend good performance and manage poor performance using the policies in place.
- Support the Quality department with customer complaint investigations and implementing corrective actions.
- Liaise with the Planning Department and Maintenance team to agree and execute productions schedules, changeovers and planned maintenance.
- Identify projects to enhance safety, de-bottleneck and improve technical performance / reduce costs.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Relevant experience in a large food processing, FMCG or similar manufacturing operation.
- Knowledge of safety management systems such as risk assessment, safety auditing, permits to work etc.
- Understanding and working knowledge of quality management systems such as BRC or other GFSI recognised.
- Management of multiple high-speed packing lines with a team of 10+ .
- Practical application of lean manufacturing methodologies and exposure to working in an established CI culture.
- Proven supervisory skills that promotes accountability and team working.
- Collaborative nature with ability to coach & influence change.
- Knowledge & formal experience working with lean manufacturing and Continuous Improvement training
- Fluent in using Microsoft package - in particular Excel, Word, Power Point.
- SAP experience.
- Educated to degree level in an Engineering discipline
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
This may be of interest to people looking for roles in the following: Production Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Operations Manager, Senior Supervisor, Production, Manufacturing, East London, Essex, FMCG