Account Manager - Home based role- South UK
Account Manager Location: South UK – Home based
I’m currently working with one of the largest manufacturers of specialist ingredients in the world and they are now looking to recruit a southern territory account manager to join their UK based sales team. Reporting to the UK sales manager the candidate will be responsible for maintaining and increasing revenue within their territory. Providing a single point of contact for all sales and technical related matters and ensuring continued sales growth.
The ideal candidate would be a person who has a background in the Chemical/Pharma industry, has a technical background, has a strong sales skillset and has a competitive drive for success. This candidate would also understand the selling process, is well-organized to manage their territory within the UK and is motivated by success. The following is a list of attributes, duties and qualifications that is not all encompassing but does highlight the key attributes we seek.
- Strong interpersonal skills verbally and in writing, both internally and externally
- Excellent technical skills
- Must have excellent follow up, organization skills, and perseverance.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Previous experience with MS Office (particularly MS Excel/word) would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining attention to detail
- Manage existing Customers as primary interface for all customer needs.
- Identify new customer / product relationships.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of products and services according to customer requirements and objectives
- Feedback on account status and progress throughout the year
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- High amount of travel required within assigned UK territory
- Previous experience in the chemical industry
- Proven work experience as an account manager or in a forward facing sales role. Preferred to have minimum of 3 years’ experience
Salary - £40,000 + Package
If you’re interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Thomas.email@example.com or contact Tom McGlinchey on 0161 833 0181
Keywords: Pharma, Ingredients, Chemists, Flavours, Sales Manager, Business Development