Technical Administrator – Office based Paisley
Kent Foods Ltd is a successful and major supplier of ingredients to the food manufacturing industry.
We are looking to expand our dedicated technical team; you will be responsible for maintaining specifications for our food ingredient range for both our customers and suppliers. You will work in a close team in a fast paced environment, with the ability to gain experience in a wide variety of technical functions (HACCP, Risk Assessments, and Internal Audits).
This will include:
- Completing customer questionnaires, and requesting documentation from suppliers, as well as updating the Company’s QMS with technical information.
- Answering customer technical queries
- Assist in maintaining the supplier approval system and maintaining the supplier database,
- Ensuring that all raw material and third party product specs and HACCP are always on the system, updated, accurate and approved.
- Assist in developing all parts of the QMS systems, including the implementation of BRC requirements.
- Supplier and customer complaint coordination and completion
- Coordination and support of trace documentation and exercises
- To assist the Technical Manager in specific projects and prepare any information required by customers.
- Assist in maintaining our BRC for Storage and Distribution accreditation.
- Assist the Technical Manager in dealing with queries and complaints relating to technical and quality matters.
- Work in conjunction with the commercial team to monitor and update NPD projects
- Proficient IT skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook etc…
- An ability to type at a fast pace with high levels of accuracy
- Time management and an ability to plan and organise own workload
- The applicant should have experience in food industry and preferably have an understanding of HACCP and food safety standards such as BRC.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a warm welcoming manner
- Self-motivated with an ability to work under pressure and use initiative
The position offers a competitive salary.
In the first instance please submit you C.V to NaomiM@kentfoods.co.uk.