Engineering Manager (39644)
ole title: Engineering Manager
Location: West Midlands
Salary: Up to £70,000 pa + benefits
AIM recruitment has a new opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join a successful and very busy protein / meat manufacturer based in the West Midlands.
- Control of all aspects of the engineering function including all day-to-day engineering issues, strategic initiatives, process development, continuous improvement and change programme. Additionally, you will be accountable for the development of the culture and skills of the engineering team. You will have people management responsibility for a team of disciplined multi-skilled engineers providing 24/7 cover for the site.
- Ensure delivery of site KPI’s and engineering KPI’s for availability of the manufacturing and service equipment by carrying out scheduled and planned activities to reduce plant downtime.
- Lead and develop the manufacturing engineering team in delivering cost effective engineering, maintenance, calibration, technical support & improvements to all areas on the site. This shall be done in adherence to the company Quality systems and regulatory/statutory Health & Safety requirements
- Facilitate the development of an open and productive culture where people take pride & responsibility in what they do and feel a sense of involvement & self-worth. Continually inform and involve all relevant personnel in the exchange of information necessary to ensure alignment to current and future objectives
- Coach and develop high performance teams to ensure there is effective management to motivate and drive the engineering team to achieve world class performance
- To ensure department external and internal auditing requirements are satisfied and standards are achieved to meet external accreditation standards
- Ensure engineering infrastructure and systems are resourced and in compliance to meet legal and statutory requirements.
- The Site Engineering Manager must be capable, of ensuring quick reaction to daily business needs and able to balance this against dedicating an appropriate amount of time and energy to developing improvement strategies.
- Engineering degree and/or equivalent, (HND, HNC etc).
- Strategic approach to achieving work outcomes.
- People management and leadership experience.
- Computer Maintenance Management System experience.
- Commitment to workplace health and safety always.
- Previous chilled and/or ‘high care’ food manufacturing experience is essential
Are you a natural leader in complex, pressurised environments and looking for your next move? Please contact Chris Clarke at AIM Recruitment on 0115 923 4651 for a confidential conversation.