Shift Manager - Virani Foods Products Ltd
Salary circa £35,000 per annum (inclusive of shift allowance), dependent on experience.
Based in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, and operating from a purpose-built production facility and a second warehouse site, Virani Food Products Limited is a family owned business employing 60 dedicated and professional staff.
Founded on the market-leading Virani brand of gram flour we have become the supplier of choice for spices, seasonings and pulses to many leading blue-chip food manufacturing companies servicing the highly demanding UK retail. Virani is included in the M&S A List for Dried Herbs and Spices as a miller and blender.
Virani has recently been through a period of significant organic growth and we currently have a vacancy for a Shift Manager to join our Operations team to manage the manufacturing and warehousing functions. The working hours are 42.5 hours per week on rotating double day shifts are 5.45am to 2.15pm and 1.30pm to 10.00pm Monday to Friday.
- Promote and ensure the use of safe working practices in line with Health & Safety legislation and procedures
- Day-to-day running of the production and warehousing operations
- Ensure that all procedures and quality standards are adhered to whilst ensuring the most effective deployment of resources
- Monitor and communicate the site plan, performance KPI's and targets ensuring that all colleagues are striving to achieve the same goal.
- Ensure your team are trained and skilled across multiple lines
- To manage, lead and motivate team members to achieve all operational targets
Essential attributes required for this position include:
- Hands on leadership experience from the food manufacturing industry
- Demonstrable leadership and team building skills
- Excellent planning, analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- A strong internal & external customer service ethos striving to meet and where possible exceed customer expectations
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the company.
- Track record of continuously improving operational performance
- Good computer literacy.
Desirable attributes include experience of:
- Ingredients Supply (particularly Spices and/or Pulses)
- Sanderson Unity F8 (or Formul8) ERP software
- Engineering and maintenance
- Deploying modern manufacturing practices (Kaizen, 5S, TPM etc)
- Operating within a BRC Grade A and M&S A list site