The company is a privately-owned manufacturer of premium chilled food-to-go products based in Edmonton N18 3AL. We supply some of the most prestigious organisations in the UK. Covering retail clients and foodservice operators with a range of delicious handcrafted, artisan products. Food safety and product quality is paramount to us. We wish to recruit enthusiastic, technical oriented people to grow with us with a focus on continuous improvement of our processes.
This role manages the production line to maximise output whilst ensuring all products achieve the specified quality, legal and safety standards and reports directly to the Production Manager.
Working days Sunday to Thursday.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To effectively motivate your team of people to meet production targets.
- To ensure the product always meet the set quality standard specifications.
- To effectively maximize production efficiency to ensure the plan is met on an hourly/daily basis.
- To adhere to and promote best practice in accordance with company health, safety and quality regulations.
- To ensure all paperwork is complete and systems are up to date in accordance with company procedures.
- To ensure that all areas comply with both internal and external hygiene audits.
- To ensure GMP (good manufacturing practices) and housekeeping (clean as you go) is always strictly adhered to.
- To liaise with the Production Manager on a day to day basis.
- To assist in the training and development of all staff, including new starters.
- To act as a role model & champion best practice.
- To monitor, control and minimize waste.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Previous experience as a line or team leader would be advantageous.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment to achieve set targets.
- Able to work in a chilled environment for a sustained period.
- Basic level of literacy and numeracy skills, being able to complete and produce clear and coherent paperwork required for production and technical standards/traceability.
For your hard work you will receive a competitive salary, Pension and career development
Benefits :28 Holidays including Bank holidays
Training as needed