Health Safety and Environment Coordinator
A rapidly growing, vibrant company, producing food flavourings for customers across the UK and European Food Markets, the ethos of the company is based around outstanding service coupled with providing their customers with creative solutions and innovations.
They are seeking a Health, Safety & Environmental coordinator to join the team.
This position would suit an energetic person with great attention to detail and an excellent communicator, who has experience in a Health & Safety role.
We are looking for a confident team player who has the ability to develop creative solutions whilst maintaining a methodical approach to their work and deal with the pressures of a fast-paced environment
The company believes in creating a positive working atmosphere, where staff feel appreciated.
- Optional gym membership, weekly yoga onsite and fresh fruit and veg provided to help with staff’s wellbeing.
- NHS top up scheme for all staff, provides support for healthcare services.
- A pension and death in service policy to look after the other end of the spectrum.
- Annual bonuses are paid to all staff, to reflect the hard work put in though the year.
- Salary - £25,000 to £30,000 (dependent on experience)
- 8:45 am – 4:45 pm Mon- Thurs
- 8:45 am – 4:00 pm Friday
- 3/4 hour for lunch
Reporting to the General Manager this role requires someone with the skills to:
- Work effectively in manufacturing, warehouse, laboratory and office environments.
- Assist the General Manager to set HSE policy, identify gaps in current policy and practice and, working with the management team, implement new practice and procedures as required.
- Develop and implement a practical EMS with the aim of eventually obtaining and sustaining an external Environmental accreditation.
- Manage regular HSE meetings for the business HSE team, co-ordinate and report the relevant KPI’s/Statistics and identify, allocate and monitor actions.
- Administer all HSE documentation to make it accessible to users.
- Audit current practice and drive improvement.
- Ensure that business management are aware of changes to HSE regulations and any response required by the business to be compliant with the regulations.
- Organize external training for staff or lead internal training where appropriate.
- Carry out Risk Assessments.
- Advise on PPE, SSW and Occupational Health requirements.
- NEBOSH Diploma or NGC plus relevant work experience.
- Experience of COSHH systems and working with potentially hazardous materials.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Practical, problem solving attitude to issues.
- Hands on approach
- Knowledge of DSEAR/ATEX and the storage & handling of flammable materials.
- Experience of working in a food environment.
For the right applicant training will be given to complete knowledge/experience gaps
Indicative Salary Range: £25000 - 30000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.