Our client is a leading Food Manufacturer with some well-loved products, they are currently seeking a Production Manager to join their site leadership.
As a Production Manager, you will succeed through your people, delivering a culture that is friendly, welcoming and supportive.
Comfortable and capable of coaching teams to achieve results and be working towards a zero-loss environment.
Working in a highly competitive, fast-paced market and located at 'Site' reporting to the Operations Manager, the role holder will be a key member of the Site Operational Team and Production Management Team. Ownership and accountability for the following are essential.
- Ensuring the Manufacturing area is a safe, efficient and quality focused operation which satisfies all stakeholder expectations and requirements.
- As part of a Production Management Team taking responsibility for day to day operational performance and ensures any issues are dealt with in the first instance and communicated to relevant Functional Managers.
- Ensuring a continual drive to jointly deliver, with relevant functions; a Site plan to prevent reoccurrence of any issues.
- Identify/drive continuous on-site improvement.
- Carry out simple process optimisations.
- Undertake ongoing adjustments of process and equipment following process indicators and product quality.
- Takes responsibility for coaching and developing their teams through effective performance management and promotes a culture in which lean manufacturing, both structurally and culturally is effective and sustainable.
- Encourages a culture where leadership and working in partnership to drive operational performance are demonstrated through adopting coaching and supportive behaviours.
- Responsible for developing a budget that releases cost ahead of inflation and for delivery the same.
- Responsible for ensuring that best practice is shared between group sites and implemented on own site.
- Leadership skills (Essential) - leads by example, demonstrating high standards of behaviour, honesty, and integrity.
- Accepts responsibility and takes ownership of problems, sees change as an opportunity
- Delegates, empowers and motivates people to achieve goals.
- Managing people in a change environment (essential).
- Specific experience of managing continuous improvement processes (essential)
- Project Management skills (desirable)
- Highly motivated
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Strong impact and influencing skills
- Sound financial and analytical skills
- Inquisitive nature
- Tenacity for resolving problems in the short and long term
- Good communication & presentation skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to motivate multi-disciplined teams to achieve specific objectives.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and actively lead continual improvement
What’s on offer?
- Competitive base salary (up to £38,000 DOE).
- Working Monday to Friday 07.30-16.30 with every third Saturday morning 08.00 to finish.
- Enrolment pension.
- 28 days annual leave.
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV to Simon Norris.