Technical Manager (Beverages)
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the UK’s largest coffee shop operators? Being an integral member of our forward-thinking technical team where product quality and passion are at the heart of everything we do?
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Technical Manager who will work as an ambassador for NSF and be responsible for providing dedicated technical resource to Costa including client management, technical management of the supply chain, incident management, product development, assessment and control. If you have good experience working within the beverages industry, we would love to hear from you!
Working collaboratively with colleagues and suppliers you will be responsible for managing a range of products and suppliers ensuring that these meet Costa’s quality, safety and technical standards. This involves conducting approval and surveillance inspections of sites, managing specifications and quality attribute standards. You will also support the product development processes to ensure new products and improvements are launched on time from approved suppliers meeting the Costa standards and policies.
We are seeking an influential team player, with great knowledge and a passion for food with the following experience/knowledge/skills/abilities:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Food Science or Food Technology or relevant extensive experience in a related subject (retail or manufacturing) in the food processing sector
- Experience of developing, reviewing, authorising menu and/or retail pack label copy and specifications
- Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers at all levels
- Experience of supplier audit/inspections and HACCP (recognised lead auditor qualification, HACCP Level 3 or equivalent)
- Great influencing skills
- Great people/team working skills
- Experience of launching new products (concept to store) from a technical point of view
- Experience writing product specifications
- Category specific experience in beverage manufacturing preferable
- Experience of working in or with the retail sector would be advantageous
- A good knowledge of food labelling legislation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Proficient with web-based specification and supplier management database systems would be preferred
You will be based at the Costa offices in Dunstable
The Benefits Package
- £Competitive Salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days annual holiday
Costa Coffee is an independent business but now part of the Coca Cola family and the world’s largest total beverage company. As the nation’s favourite coffee shop and the largest and fastest growing coffee shop chain in the UK, its sights have now been set on becoming the world’s number one coffee brand and it is an exciting time in the company’s 40-year history.
NSF International have worked with Costa for 15 years providing the implanted technical team to deliver the technical expertise to support the business. As a global leader in food quality technical standards development, testing, auditing, and training, we are ideal partners to support Costa’s on-going global development.
Could this be your dream job with a brand you can really get passionate about? Apply now, or call for an informal chat. This is a great time to be joining NSF/Costa and we look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. No agency interest please.