QA - Days
Do you want to be paid weekly? Do you want a permanent full time job working on Days with set days each week? .......Then look no further!
We are recruiting for QA's (Quality Auditor) to work at our flagship site based at Manton Wood in Worksop, Notts, on Day shift.
There are 2 positions available as below one vacancy is permanent and the other is a 10 month fixed term contract - If you have previous experience as a QA then the training rate will not apply and the pay rate is £8.73 or £9.36 per hour dependent on shift pattern as well as length of experience and qualifications.
- Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
6am to 2.30pm
- Monday to Friday 6am to 2.30pm
Overtime is paid at time and a half.Main responsibilities
As a QA you will be required to check incoming raw materials and collect all relevant samples for testing. You will also conduct verification checks to ensure equipment is suitably calibrated within the required standards, so you’ll need to have a strong eye for detail.
You will also be required to track and document all activity and results in an accurate manner, highlighting any areas of non-conformance and taking appropriate action.
You will work closely with the production and operations team to ensure they are aware of all quality assurance activities, results and trends, supporting the team to understand and adhere to food safety procedures.
- Attention to detail
- High level of accuracy
- Team player
- Comfortable working in a chilled environment
- Basic Maths & English at Entry level 3 or above
- Good verbal communication skills
- Experience in a similar role - ideally as a QA or a QC
The below are desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Food Hygiene (Level 2)
- Health and Safety in the workplace (Level 2)
- Free on site Gym accessible 24/7
- Staff Shop - discounted products e.g. ready meals, sandwiches, cakes and other items
- Training, development and qualifications to help you grow your career. Qualifications include Advanced Operator, Team Leader, Food Technologist, Project Manager and Trainee Manager.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company Pension scheme
- Childcare Scheme
- Shopping discounts with multiple retailer discounts and offers
- Share save Scheme
- Free Parking
- Fully subsidised canteen serving hot food and sandwiches
- Westfield Health Care - Healthcare Cash Plan
Manton Wood is the flagship site for Greencore and we are very proud of our success and achievements. 25% of site vacancies are offered to internal employees demonstrating that we put people at the core in everything we do.
Greencore, Manton Wood produce fresh sandwiches and wraps for many of the Supermarket retailers in the UK. We produce over 4 million sandwiches every week and have almost 2000 employees. The site operate / Produce over a 7 day week across 2 shift patterns - Days and Nights. Greencore is a successful and growing business offering plenty of opportunity for employees looking to advance their career in the Food Manufacturing industry.