Senior Sensory & Consumer Scientist
Job Title – Senior Sensory & Consumer Scientist
Contract – Fixed Term Contract – 12 months
Location – Haddenham, UK
- Work closely with R&D and Marketing and provide relevant research strategies to enable successful EMEA product development and innovation
- Advise on appropriate sensory and consumer science methodologies and provide clear proposals to meet objectives of internal and external stakeholders and related projects
- Provide data analysis and interpretation of results and share with stakeholders in appropriate format
- Follow and drive the implementation of international standards and best practices
- Demonstrate thought leadership and provide forward-thinking insights building to support business decisions
- Develop, test and implement new methodologies and ways of working
- Support the development of Consumer Science capabilities within the region and the enhancement of qualitative research methods
- Develop and maintain consumer testing data bases
- Experience in a Sensory & Consumer Science FMCG role
- Well experienced in managing consumer-based surveys, as well as sensory based data, i.e. Descriptive Profiling methods, Discrimination Testing
- Experience in managing qualitative research, ideally moderator experience
- Previous experience in using Compusense @Hand and xlSTAT
- Experience in managing multiple work streams and forming clear insights to provide guidance to the business by interpreting multiple data sets
- Strong project design and management skills
- Demonstrates strong statistical skills
- Strong presentation skills to multiple audiences, able to tailor messages based on audience
- Ability to work as part of a multi- functional and multi- cultural team
- Strong technical and team leadership skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective influencing and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable – able to be effective in a fast-paced environment
- Fully operational in the use of Microsoft Office
- French and/or Polish language knowledge would be a benefit
Founded in Baltimore in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $4.8 billion in annual sales in 2017, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 135 markets and territories. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers.
With approximately 3,200 employees, the company has operations in 14 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK (customize with local brand). McCormick EMEA Headquarters are in Haddenham (UK).
The company’s long-term goal is to grow sales by 4-6% globally with three avenues: base business growth through continuous investments behind our brands, product innovations, expanded distribution and acquisitions.
Our growth starts with yours. For more than 125 years McCormick has developed a rich legacy based on our belief in the “Power of People”. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.