My client are a Food Manufacturing client of mines who I have had the pleasure of working with for the last 3 years. A very well established company who are now in the middle of recruiting a Production Manager who ideally comes from an FMCG/Food background and has experience in dealing with BRC.
The main responsibilities of the role
- Ensure that production is planned correctly based on customer requirements and forecasts
- To ensure that all shifts are adequately staffed and ensure that the right number of skilled operatives are trained across all shifts
- Ensure all production meets the agreed specification for the customer, seeking advice from Technical department where necessary. This includes controlling product weight and controlling prover, baking and temperature times.
- Ensure that all production KPIs are met.
- Ensure that health and safety and food safety standards are met at all times
- Constantly look for new ways to improve and develop standards and ways of working
- Look for ways to reduce waste throughout the bakery and reduce inefficiencies
- Develop and coach staff to ensure the business has the correct skills
- Work closely and support the product development team as required
- Liaise with customers and auditors as required on factory visits
- Experience/ Skills Required
- Food manufacturing management experience is essential as you will be expected to 'hit the ground running driving standards and maintaining BRC accreditation