A great opportunity has arisen with a leading UK private label food manufacturer supplying to major retailers in the UK. You will be joining a team of specification technologists to develop and modify product specifications in line with specified legal and customer requirements. This is an exciting opportunity to learn and develop transferable skills which can be used as the building blocks of your career in the Food Industry.
- Write specifications generating the recipe information, ingredients declaration, nutritional and allergens information with all relevant legislation
- Maintain specifications on the database in conjunction with internal teams and suppliers
- Coordinate all information for new product specifications and transferring data into specific factory and customer requirements
- To work alongside suppliers to develop and assess product specifications ensuring that they meet with the specified legal requirements and relevant customer policies.
- To create and maintain product attribute sheets as required by the customer
- To assist with the compilation of supplier information for KPI reporting
- To assist the Technical and NPD teams as required during customer visits and audits
- Food Science Degree or equivalent, relevant qualification is essential
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Ability to collate and present information along with strong research abilities and a keen eye for details, as well as accurate data recording and organisational skills
- Experience in a similar role is preferred