Production Shift Manager
Working with Us
ARYZTA is for people who are passionate about what they do and doing it well. We take pride in our high quality, delicious food and in our leading position as the world’s number one frozen bakery. Our employees are one of our key ingredients, and together they play a critical role in driving the continued success of our business. We are always looking for great people to join our diverse global team and we have opportunities spanning a wide range of areas including; Production, Logistics, Finance, IT, Sales, Quality, HR and much more. In ARYZTA, every day is different. If you are resilient, ambitious, and a team player, ARYZTA could be the place for you to thrive and grow in your career!
Main Duties & Tasks
- Lead and educate the team to maintain world class manufacturing quality standards.
- Motivate others to exceed prescribed targets/standards to achieve operational KPI’s
- Embedding a continuous improvement philosophy in all approaches to work.
- Ensure to coordinate staff according to production plans and requirements.
- Problem identification and rectification/escalation. Use root cause analysis to find corrective actions and to solve problems
- Ensure daily meetings are effective and focused on root cause analysis.
- Actively manage production and the team to deliver manufacturing standards against customer audit standards, group standards & conformance to BRC Grade AA
- Ensure total production compliance with all company policies and procedures, ensuring correct training are given, to include constructive staff briefings.
- Actively lead and participate in Lean improvements and site continuous improvement plans.
- Effective management of team to include PDP’s
- Set out detailed training plans for the team to ensure full skills coverage and succession planning.
- Act as a coach and mentor to all staff, promoting good team work and conducting appraisals.
- Conduct investigations and disciplinary hearings concisely in line with Company policy
- Proactive management of sickness absence and all performance and disciplinary issues
- Effective communication and management of company policies, procedures and practices.
- Create a high level of GMP standards for audit preparedness and all site tour readiness.
- Responsible to manage SAP system and ensure daily correct Process Orders confirmation completion carried out to enable traceability of each production run
- In an event of breakdown work closely with Supply Chain planner to maintain stock levels. Close communication with DC’s and escalation of any potential stock shortage (Amber / Red alert)
- Actively lead and participate in Lean improvements and site continuous improvement plant
- Have effective handovers between Shift Managers, Engineer and Area leaders to reduce downtime, waste and improve efficiency during each shift
- Prompt reporting of any accident or near misses to your Line Manager
This list is not exhaustive.
Essential Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Relevant food manufacturing qualification
- Ability to work under own initiative in a high speed environment
- Continuous improvement techniques
- Use of Microsoft Office packages
- Performance management
- Technical processing plant/machine knowledge
- Motivation and leadership
- Health, safety, food hygiene and environmental awareness/knowledge
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Problem solving
- Pro-active hands on approach
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Change management