Supplier Compliance Auditor
Supplier Compliance Auditor
Job Type Commercial Food Technology
Region South East England
Preferred Hours Full Time
Partnership Level 06
This role is at Partnership Level 6 and includes entitlement to the following additional benefits:
- Invitation to join the AXA Private Medical Insurance scheme
- 5 weeks holiday
Further details will be provided at interview and upon successful offer
Closing Date 19/5/2019
Salary £47,700 - £67,600
Salary Frequency per annum
Hours of Work - 35 hours per week
Monday to Friday - 09:00-17:30
We have a number of different ways to work flexibly so at your interview feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you. There are no guarantees however it may open the door to not only a new role but a new way of working.
Extensive UK and overseas travel will be required.
Duties & Responsibilities
It's an exciting time to join the Commercial team in one of the UK's best-loved brands.
At Waitrose & Partners, we're reshaping our Commercial function and investing in new capabilities to secure the future of the business - creating a strong, relevant and sustainable Waitrose with a distinctive place in the market. Commercial is in a period of exciting change, leading the way in Waitrose & Partners, making it an exciting place to come and join.
Our Vision: A world-class Commercial function
As the retail world changes around us, we're continually evolving our strategy and our proposition to lead the way in meeting the needs of our customers, and to stay ahead of our competitors.
The Commercial Directorate has a key role to play, working in partnership with suppliers to deliver innovative sourcing, buying, pricing and distinctive ranging of our branded and own-label products.
This is all part of working at the heart of a sustainable and thriving Partnership that's fit for the future.
In Commercial, we are set up and work in a way that means that:
Our customers choose us first - because we offer inspiring and innovative products and services that they really want, with the best quality and price
People choose to work here - because it's where they are valued and recognised for their contribution
We work together to deliver sustainable and profitable revenue, ensuring long-term financial success
Our Commercial Partners will work in team that:
Are closely aligned with our Customer function, using data to understand customer trends and preferences
Adopt a Category Management approach, with multi-disciplinary trading teams organised around the food and products we provide
Support people to develop their skills and career paths, with opportunities for more flexibility, better movement and high-quality professional development
Are part of building the future of Commercial for Waitrose & Partners
Works collaboratively and horizontally across multiple teams and functions
As the Supplier Compliance Auditor it will be your responsibility to deploy a risk-based Supplier auditing programme that acts to protect and enhance the Waitrose & Partners brand by driving continuous improvement in supplier technical /brand compliance. You'll identify areas within the supply base of risk and work with the category teams to set in place effective corrective action plans that deliver improved supplier compliance and performance.
You will be part of the Technical Operations team you are responsible for leading the development and compliance to, a product safety, legality and quality framework for Waitrose & Partners. Ensuring that via the creation of effective policies, systems, and ways of working we enable the category teams to effectively deploy these standards both internally and within our supply base.
- Via the deployment of a risk assessed and effective Supplier Compliance audit programme, deliver increased brand protection that strengthens our Customers confidence in Waitrose & Partners.
- Develop high performing relationships with key stakeholders especially within the category teams to ensure the audit programme is recognised as value adding and an essential part of supplier/category management and supplier performance management.
- Consider how the Waitrose and John Lewis compliance programmes can be harmonised where appropriate and support the ongoing collaborative work to leverage the benefits of the two brands ( include work with the Hong Kong and Indian Sourcing offices).
- Ensure Supplier Compliance audits are completed to the agreed plan to a high standard.
- Support the ongoing improvement of the Waitrose & partners Supplier Compliance audit standard.
- Act as a role model for Technical / Brand compliance both internally and within the supply base.
- Conduct internal compliance audits as required.
- Working with the key stakeholders develop improved ways of supplier training and engagement to deliver improved policy understanding and compliance.
Required essential experience skills and qualifications
- Previous experience of designing audit standards and key legislation e.g allergens, microbiology, pesticide management, cosmetics regulations, specification management and product labelling legal requirements.
- Experience of Supplier auditing in the field of FMCG.
- Understanding Retailer and BRC (GFSI equivalent ) auditing standards.
- Experience of designing audit standards and key legislation e.g allergens, microbiology, pesticide management, cosmetics regulations, specification management and product labelling legal requirements.