Technical Innovation Developer
Technical Innovation Developer
Job Type Buying Commercial
Region South East England
Preferred Hours Full Time
Partnership Level 07
Closing Date 19/5/2019
Hours of Work - 35 hours a week - Monday to Friday - 09:00-17:30
We have a number of different ways to work flexibly so at your interview feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you. There are no guarantees however it may open the door to not only a new role but a new way of working.
Some UK travel may be required depending on the category area.
Duties & Responsibilities
It's an exciting time to join the Commercial team in one of the UK's best-loved brands.
At Waitrose & Partners, we're reshaping our Commercial function and investing in new capabilities to secure the future of the business - creating a strong, relevant and sustainable Waitrose with a distinctive place in the market. Commercial is in a period of exciting change, leading the way in Waitrose & Partners, making it an exciting place to come and join.
As the retail world changes around us, we're continually evolving our strategy and our proposition to lead the way in meeting the needs of our customers, and to stay ahead of our competitors.
The Commercial Directorate has a key role to play, working in partnership with suppliers to deliver innovative sourcing, buying, pricing and distinctive ranging of our branded and own-label products.
This is all part of working at the heart of a sustainable and thriving Partnership that's fit for the future.
In Commercial, we are set up and work in a way that means that:
Our customers choose us first - because we offer inspiring and innovative products and services that they really want, with the best quality and price
People choose to work here - because it's where they are valued and recognised for their contribution
We work together to deliver sustainable and profitable revenue, ensuring long-term financial success
Our Commercial Partners will work in team that:
Are closely aligned with our Customer function, using data to understand customer trends and preferences
Adopt a Category Management approach, with multi-disciplinary trading teams organised around the food and products we provide
Support people to develop their skills and career paths, with opportunities for more flexibility, better movement and high-quality professional development
Are part of building the future of Commercial for Waitrose & Partners
Works collaboratively and horizontally across multiple teams and functions
The role of the Technical Innovation Developer would suit someone with a passion for innovation in food and processing technologies.
A passion for continual learning and engaging in an external environment is important, particularly learning from within and outside of the food industry and translating learnings into a food environment. Test and learn and project management skills will be critical.
Influencing others is a critical skill, particularly where investment, risk taking or new thinking is required.
- Drives and delivers innovative, quality focused and differentiated New Product Development (NPD) through technical innovation whilst understanding and managing the commercial implications of development
- Develops and delivers first to market opportunities
- Understands new and emerging technologies in food and process management and translates into competitive advantages for Waitrose & Partners and strengthens Waitrose & Partners' reputation as an innovator
Required essential experience skills and qualifications
- Compliance (GSCOP, Competitive Law etc.) Systems (e.g. BOBI, PIC, PWC).
- Technical/Commercial experience and proven ability in delivering strong results. Communicating at all levels of the business with strong presentation and influencing skills
- Worked in other directorates considerable commercial/technical experience/exposure.
- Ability to demonstrate a genuine interest and enthusiasm in technical trends and innovation relating to product
- Experience of interpreting and analysing data from a variety of sources
- Experience of working collaboratively
Required desirable experience skills and qualifications
- Graduate degree desirable