Technical Systems Manager
Technical Systems Manager
Job Type Buying Commercial Food Technology
Region South East England
Preferred Hours Full Time
Partnership Level 06
This role is at Partnership Level 6 and includes entitlement to the following additional benefits:
- Invitation to join the AXA Private Medical Insurance scheme
- 5 weeks holiday
Further details will be provided at interview and upon successful offer
Closing Date 19/5/2019
Salary - Pay in range £47,700 - £67,600 per annum
Hours of Work - 35 hours per week Monday to Friday - 09:00-17:30
We have a number of different ways to work flexibly so at your interview feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you. There are no guarantees however it may open the door to not only a new role but a new way of working.
Duties & Responsibilities
It's an exciting time to join the Commercial team in one of the UK's best-loved brands.
At Waitrose & Partners, we're reshaping our Commercial function and investing in new capabilities to secure the future of the business - creating a strong, relevant and sustainable Waitrose with a distinctive place in the market. Commercial is in a period of exciting change, leading the way in Waitrose & Partners, making it an exciting place to come and join.
As the retail world changes around us, we're continually evolving our strategy and our proposition to lead the way in meeting the needs of our customers, and to stay ahead of our competitors.
The Commercial Directorate has a key role to play, working in partnership with suppliers to deliver innovative sourcing, buying, pricing and distinctive ranging of our branded and own-label products.
This is all part of working at the heart of a sustainable and thriving Partnership that's fit for the future.
In Commercial, we are set up and work in a way that means that:
- Our customers choose us first - because we offer inspiring and innovative products and services that they really want, with the best quality and price
- People choose to work here - because it's where they are valued and recognised for their contribution
- We work together to deliver sustainable and profitable revenue, ensuring long-term financial success
Our Commercial Partners will work in team that:
- Are closely aligned with our Customer function, using data to understand customer trends and preferences
- Adopt a Category Management approach, with multi-disciplinary trading teams organised around the food and products we provide
- Support people to develop their skills and career paths, with opportunities for more flexibility, better movement and high-quality professional development
- Are part of building the future of Commercial for Waitrose & Partners
- Works collaboratively and horizontally across multiple teams and functions
By joining the team as a Technical Systems Manager you'll be responsible for leading the effective development, deployment and continual improvement of IT systems that enable the delivery of safe, legal and high-quality products for Waitrose & Partners.
You'll Lead the day to day management and improvement of Waitrose Product Pathway (WPP), Recipe Management Tool, Product Quality Inspection system, Supplier Risk assessment, Waitrose Engage (local & Regional / Technical Policies / Incident management)
Coordinating the resolution of all system and operational queries and incidents across all Directorates in a timely manner, whilst ensuring legal compliance, efficiency and high-quality outputs.
- This would suit someone with extensive experience with Technical Systems Management experience including Oracle's ORBC systems and an understanding of Technical requirements of the FMCG market.
- Someone who can link practical business use of IT applications to complex IT requirements and data mapping. The candidate will have extensive experience in Technical Management in retail or manufacturing as well as extensive experience of developing and deploying Technical systems that support safe, legal and high-quality product compliance.
- This individual will have a passion for continuous improvement and great stakeholder management skills.
Required essential experience skills and qualifications
- Knowledge of Commercial and Industry regulations and emerging trends.
- Commercial systems understanding and usage.
- Experience and relevant understanding of core processes in Commercial and specifically with Supplier and Product management in FMCG.
- Degree calibre ideally with Food Science or a related discipline.
- Advanced / Superuser training or extensive experience of the Oracle ORBC application.
- Experience operating in a challenging organisational environment with a requirement to balance differing priorities and demands
- Experience in leadership and influencing stakeholders at a senior level.
- Experience of project management and delivery.