We are currently seeking a Technical Manager for a chilled manufacturer based in East Riding of Yorkshire.
As the technical champion on site, you will be the key contact for customer technical teams, ensuring the site is compliant with BRC, customer compliance and will develop and maintain an audit ready culture.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work as part of the site SMT to drive a continuous improvement and quality culture.
- Effectively lead, manage and co-ordinate the Technical team to deliver against agreed KPI’s. Provide team with support, guidance and motivation whilst maintaining effective supervision and management
- Advance and deliver the Site Technical Strategy
- Drive HACCP system to deliver appropriate and effective Food Safety control and monitoring systems.
- Ensure multi-level internal audit framework is in place being followed and acted upon – to include GMP, systems, product quality and process audits
- Manage QA team in monitoring the quality of raw materials, packaging in process product and finished product through analysis using HACCP principles.
- Development and maintenance of robust process control procedures and deliver a programme of process audits to verify process control procedures.
- Ensure Customer Technical requirements are well communicated throughout the business.
- Act as site technical contact for all customers and external bodies.
- Monitor site quality and food safety performance and formally report feedback to the business on daily, weekly and monthly KPI’S.
- Drive reduction in customer complaints through monitoring, reporting and agreed action plans with operational team.
- Provide accurate and timely product information to the factory floor including product specifications, packing specifications, photographic standards and Quality Attribute sheets to the manufacturing teams.
- System maintenance to monitor all process, quality & food safety documentation to ensure compliance to specification and maintenance of traceability.
- Manage, monitor and control costs within budgeted requirements.
- Reporting of non-conformances from internal and external audits and follow-up with appropriate departments.
- Work with engineering and project teams to ensure site is developed in line with HACCP and GMP requirements.
- BSc Food Science, Food Technology or equivalent
- Experience and understanding of M&S and Tesco technical requirements.
- HACCP qualification (Ideally CIEH level 4 HACCP)
Salary: £50,000- £55,000
For more information, contact Harriet on 07305 046 686 or email Harriet@recruitment-wolf.co.uk