Campbells Prime Meat Ltd is Scotland’s leading fish, meat and delicatessen supplier to hotels and restaurants. We have a permanent vacancy in our expanding technical department for a Technical Assistant.
This role would be suitable for a recent graduate or someone with some experience in a technical role within the food industry.
- Degree Qualification in Food Science would be preferable but is not essential
- Good communication skills
- Strong team player
- Good IT skills especially in word and excel.
Duties and responsibilities for this role will include –
- Responsible for organising samples for micro analysis to the outside UKAS micro lab, co-coordinating and managing the results and closing off any micro non-conformances. Creating trend analysis on micro results
- Investigating and closing off customer complaints.
- Participation in technical audits and traceability exercises.
- Actively involved in Fabrication and GMP audits on a weekly basis.
- Complete internal audits when scheduled.
- Create corrective actions on the results of the audits and customer complaints.
- Create travel tests when requested.
- Carry out annual oven validations
- Collate and check all paperwork relating to daily factory quality systems and scanning the signed paperwork onto Laserfiche.
- Help the department prepare for BRC version 8 and customer audits
- Carry out other additional work when required in the technical team.
We are a friendly technical team that make ourselves approachable to the rest of factory to help improve technical issues on the factory floor. Many of the staff on the factory floor have worked for Campbells Prime Meat for a long time and have a wealth of knowledge to draw from. Training is a very strong internally and externally. You would be given plenty of informal and formal training.
This is a permanent role and an immediate start is offered. Salary is negotiable, depending on experience.
This role involves working Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm. Please note that own transport is required, due to our location.
Applications are requested by email to Susanne Maskrey, HR Manager,
We do not use recruitment agencies