Senior Technical Manager
Situated in a rural location in Suffolk, Stokes Sauces is a manufacturer of a range of quality sauces, mayonnaise and condiments.
A highly skilled Technical Manager with experience of managing food safety and health & safety systems. Primary duties are to take responsibility for the safety, quality and legality of the Company’s products and oversee health & safety across the company providing direction and leadership to the Technical/Quality Management Team and the H & S Manager.
- Maintaining the Company’s BRC Grade AA accreditation;
- Developing and maintaining an effective Quality System;
- Leading & developing the Technical/Quality team;
- Maintaining traceability of products from goods in through to delivery;
- Maintaining overall responsibility for the company’s HACCP plan and risk assessments;
- Setting and delivering Quality KPI’s;
- Maintaining the internal audit schedule;
- Managing non-conformances and putting in place effective corrective actions;
- Overseeing the supplier/raw material approval systems;
- Ensuring hygiene standards are developed and maintained;
- Carrying out health & safety audits, compiling reports and ensuring any corrective actions are carried out;
- Providing reports to the Board of Directors and Senior Management on relevant food safety and health & safety matters.
This is a senior role within the business: the successful candidate will have a solid understanding of food science and food manufacturing and have the ability to deliver innovative, technical solutions which add value to the business. In addition, strong leadership skills, a passion for ensuring products meet quality standards and the ability to work constructively with personnel at all levels is essential.
A background in food manufacturing, a BSc in food science or a related discipline and level 3 HACCP is required. In addition, a health & safety qualification such as NEBOSH or IOSH is preferred.
If you are able to meet the above criteria please follow the URL link, complete the application form and attach a covering letter and your CV.
Hours: 08.30am to 5.00pm