Just in time for the weekend!
We’re looking for a Technical Administrator.
Or Client, a supplier of Branded and Private label food products from around the world is looking for an experienced Food / QA Technologist to maintain and improve the quality systems
Working with the Head of Technical Resources, Quality Systems Manager and Technical Administrator you will develop the existing systems to ensure customer/suppliers needs are met and that we are supplying quality, safe and legal products.
The role involves regular contact with customers, suppliers and internal colleagues at our Head office and warehouse facility in Northampton.
Specific Food Safety Responsibilities
Ensuring systems are being followed to allow for the supply of safe, legal and quality food products.
Raising potential issues with the Technical Management team.
Flagging complaints with a potential food safety impact to ensure a satisfactory resolution.
- Internal auditing of their BRC accredited systems for Agents & Brokers and Storage & Distribution at the Head Office and Warehouse locations and assisting at Second and Third Party Audits of the Company.
- Raising and investigation of non-conformances.
- Maintaining supplier and product approvals.
- Completing product checks – quality, safety, nutritional, labelling etc.
Retailer Online Systems
- Completing retailer online specifications for new/amended products. Experience in using the systems is essential.
- Answering retailer queries through their online systems (improvement plans, technical updates etc.)
Ensuring suppliers are kept up to date with retailer requirements.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of working within Technical/Quality in the food industry
- Experience of working with GFSI management systems – BRC/IFS etc.
- Experience of working with multiple retailers and their online systems
- Experience of customer complaint resolution including dealing with customers directly on the phone
- Educated to degree level
- Knowledge of BRC Agents & Brokers and Storage & Distribution Standards
- Internal/External auditing experience/qualifications.
- Qualifications in HACCP and Food Safety
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to pick up new IT systems quickly
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, in particular handling complaints
- Ability to work well in a team and to build strong working relationships with colleagues, suppliers, and customers
Sound like it could be your next move?
Call Suzie or Jim in the office for a confidential chat