Health & Safety Coordinator
An exciting Health & Safety Coordinator vacancy within one of the largest food producers in Britain.
A reputable and ambitious Food Producer, supplying the leading supermarkets with premium food products. Our client prides themselves on creating authentically made British food, without compromise.
To support the site HS&E Manager with the day to day Health, Safety and Environmental function of the site. Providing support on Health & Safety and Environmental issues, proactively improving the site's Health, Safety & Environmental systems and processes.
Main duties include:
- Supporting the HS&E Manager in carrying out Health, Safety & Environmental assessments in line with legislation and updated and reviewed when necessary
- Be the first point of contact for all Health, Safety & Environmental issues
- Management and maintenance of the site Health, Safety & Environmental management systems ISO 14001,18001 & 50001 (Health, Safety & Environmental Management System)
- Proactively support the Health & Safety Management system for the site, driving new Health & Safety initiatives that will maintain and improve the sites Health & Safety function
- Ensure all Health, Safety & Environmental issues/reports/complaints are reported/recorded correctly and accurately
- Support the Site HS&E Manager with internal monthly H&S and Environment meetings
- Be the point of contact and deal with Regulatory bodies for Health, Safety & Environmental issues
- Deliver in-house training and inductions ensuring all relevant areas of H&S are conveyed via an appropriate medium
- Be 'on call' in conjunction with the HSE Manager
- Ad hoc duties as required in line with your capabilities and range of skills
- Maintain the Health, Safety and welfare of yourself and other employees in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, as well as adhering to Control of Substances Hazard to Health (COSHH) regulations
The Ideal Candidate:
- Hold NEBOSH General Certificate or working towards
- Familiar with Health, Safety & Environmental Management System accredited to ISO 14001/18001
- Food Industry experience is desirable but not essential
- You must be a Team player with a 'can do' attitude
- Flexible with working hours and duties
- Full UK driving license
- Ideally a background in FMCG
- Lead with behavioural Health & Safety with a view to promote and encourage best practice and cultural changes
If this is the ideal role for you than apply today!
Kandhu Recruitment will consider all applications based on each candidate's suitability to the role or similar roles within the Food Sector and if we feel you are a relevant candidate we will process your application by adding you to our secure recruitment database and then contacting you to progress job opportunities further. We do not contact unsuitable applicants.