My client is currently an independent manufacturer of private label bakery goods for the UK market. They are currently looking to strengthen their team with the recruitment of a NPD Technologist.
Reporting to the NPD Manager the overall purpose of the role is to manage the introduction of new products concepts, ingredients and methods from initial brief , scale up in the factory, to launch.
Key areas of responsibility
- To develop innovative products for both NPD and EPD projects
- Generating new product ideas and recipes for final sign off to pass over to process technologist to trial in factory
- Modifying and improving existing recipes
- Responsible for sourcing new ingredients, decorations, packaging and paper cases which include the specification, MOQ, lead times and price.
- Working closely with the NPD assistant
- Responsible for in house organoleptic testing on trialled products
- Monitoring the use of additives and adhering to our customer’s ingredients hit lists and procedures
- Being the link between the customer needs and requirements and the process technologist’s adherences to the factory processes
- To complete factory trials to scale up recipes from the kitchen when signed off
- To complete factory trials to explore new packaging concepts and paper cases
- To complete all trial paperwork
- Responsible for ensuring transit trials are completed and recorded
- Responsible for ensuring all finalised recipes are recorded on the factory recipe template and added to the system
- Researching new ways to produce and improve the quality, processing, packaging, storage and safety of food in accordance with government and industry standards
- Responsible for sending out kitchen samples and to meet the required delivery deadlines.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within a development roll.
- Experience of working within Bakery.
- Organisational Skills
- Pro-Activeness & Initiative
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- A good understanding of the functions of ingredients used within the bakery sector
- Innovation and Creativity
Excellent opportunity for the right person.
Indicative Salary Range: £24000 - 25000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.