Food and Safety Compliance Officer
Food and Safety Compliance Officer
Main area Food and Safety
Grade Band 5
Contract 12 Months Maternity Cover
Hours 37.5 hours per week
Job ref 196-ESS0763-A
Employer Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
Employer type NHS
Site St Thomas' Hospital
Salary £29,056 - £36,134 p.a inc of HCA
Closing 19/05/2019 23:59
Do you have a background in food safety? Do you want to join a dynamic team who are passionate about maintaining high standards to keep our patients, visitors and staff safe? Have you experience in carrying our high level food safety audits and reports? If so, we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for an experienced individual to work within the Risk, Health and Safety team for a period of 12 months to cover maternity leave.
The Food and Safety Compliance Officer is a varied and interesting role which requires an experienced individual to support the Trust in meeting it's legal obligations to ensure compliance with all the Food Hygiene and Associated regulations.
Why Guy's and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
Our Trust is a world leading healthcare service provider. In order to continue providing this high level of service, as well as meet future growth, we have an exciting rolling capital development programme, including £500 million over 5 years, doubling capacity by 2020.
You’ll be part of a professional team that’s in tune with the values of the NHS and understands the distinctive challenges and responsibilities that come from working within a highly complex and challenging environment.
- Ensuring that food safety and hygiene practices, procedures and policies are up to date with relevant legislation, codes of practice and best practice within the food industry.
- The implementation and execution of a comprehensive risk based rolling audit and inspection schedule for all food venues within the Trust.
- To deliver training modules and courses to support with compliance with EC Regulation 852/2004 in respect to food safety, hygiene and infection control.
- Prioritising audits and inspection and accurately reporting observations and non conformance on a risk basis
- Undertaking detailed investigations into complaints, incidents and product recalls in a timely manner.
- Producing detailed, accurate and precise reports.
- Analytical skills with the ability to respond to differing situations quickly and effectively.
- Significant experience and understanding of food safety legislation and its application
- Extensive experience in carrying out good safety audits and reports
- Experience in delivering food hygiene training
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to interpret data to produce meaningful reports
- An excellent ability to engage with others to support the department in driving improvement programmes.
- Able to balance conflicting demands and prioritise your own workload and have the ability to achieve results through a combination of effective planning and organisation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and outcome driven individual with a degree level in Environmental health, Food Safety and control.
Experience within a NHS Foundation Trust would be an advantage but broader relevant experience will be considered.
What We Offer
We offer a dynamic challenging job in an exciting, fast moving, flexible working environment. We have a strong commitment to your personal and professional development.
In addition, we offer excellent benefits, including:
The NHS Pension Scheme - one of the most generous and comprehensive in the UK. When you start working for the NHS you automatically become a member and you will get an excellent package of pension benefits.
A minimum of 27 days annual holiday allowance (not including bank holidays), plus the option to buy and sell. Increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
Interest free Season Ticket Loan
Long Term Service Awards
Sports and social club
Subsidised staff gym and leisure facilities at both hospital sites, including a 25m swimming pool at Guy’s
Subsidised on-site nurseries and childcare vouchers
On-site cinemas for patients and staff
A comprehensive staff health and well-being programme, '5 ways to a healthier YOU'
Weekly lunchtime walking group
Ride to work scheme
Employee assistance programme
Free staff counselling service
Free stop smoking service
Our Trust values: Put patients first, Take pride in what we do, Respect others, Strive to be the best, Act with integrity
If you would like to join the team, please apply online.
Interviews will be held w/c 3rd June 2019
- Previous applicants please do not re-apply
Please apply for this post by clicking "Apply Online Now."