Product Development Manager - Coffee (Costa)
All About Food is a Family of 40 Foodies. We're based in the North West and are passionate about what we do.
We are a purpose led and performance driven team who licence restaurant brands and make them successful in retail.
We partner with a number of brands including Nando's, PizzaExpress, Costa, Wahaca, Red's True BBQ, Las Iguanas and Gourmet Burger Kitchen.
At the heart of our business are a set of core values that underpin everything we do with the ultimate aim of creating positive change together.
This role is multifaceted, and will balance know-how in: formulation, process development, packaging, brewing systems, consumer research and sensory, project management, and intense collaboration with cross-functional teams.
The responsibilities of the role will be:
- Lead product development
- Translate NPD brief into technical possibilities
- Project Management
- Source suppliers to develop product / processing / packaging solutions
- Interface and lead development with co-manufacturers to deliver best results
- Ensuring first time right implementation in factories, and for post launch development (EPD, quality improvements and cost related projects)
- Influencing product briefs, quality targets, specifications and best practices
- Provide effective recommendations to the management team
- Educate cross functional partners on technical principles of beverages as necessary
- Positively influence and engage in a creative driven culture with strong business and personal values and a real passion for food
- Live the All About Food Values of Family, Pride, Passion, Integrity and Belief everyday
The Product Development Manager will:
- Lead Coffee Beverage projects from idea to launch in dynamic environment
- Generate ideas for beverage innovation, in close collaboration with brand owner’s, marketing and manufacturer’s
- Act as the key coffee expert, assuring beverage requirements and quality considerations are followed for best consumer experience
- Advance the business through technical excellence ensuring all aspects meet or exceed product KPIs within a managed timeline and cost objective
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, or Engineering discipline
- Extensive beverage experience- coffee and/or dairy product formulation
- 5+ years’ experience of product development with a strong record of delivering results in FMCG and Consumer Packaged Goods
- Expertise in all coffee facets (roast and ground, soluble, single serve and brewing systems) is highly desirable
- Ability to lead product development via understanding of technology, consumer and sensory sciences, as well as Food Safety and Regulatory Standards
- Manage complexity and displays analytical thinking and curiosity
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to work within a team and individually
- Ability to build relationships quickly with strong communication and influencing skills