Manufacturing Project Manager - Wiltshire (1 year FTC)
At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world's favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® - names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are 4,000 UK and 19,000 global employees at the heart of it. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
You may have come from PTD/product development/lean/production or technical background with exposure to projects and looking to further develop your career in this area. Reporting into the PTD Manager, you will be responsible for identifying and handling improvements to drive cost saving initiatives across the business.
You will ensure the Westbury CI journey is delivered by being the first point of contact. You will work closely with the senior management team to assist them with project planning, prioritisation and project delivery. You will also be lead for a number of projects across site and knowledge of running Kaizens and project management is a need.
Working within a small team and wider site team, being a strong communicator with the ability to influence is key to this role. Duties include:
- Support the site management team with the delivery process in their departments.
- Ability to gather relevant data to feed into the PROJECT team and support their requests.
- Ensures that the Arla Foods working methodologies and leadership competences are adopted.
- Ability to provide structured plans and a clear direction which carry through to achieving the end goal.
- A good understanding of business finances and financial reporting with the ability to enter and interpret data is important for this role.
PTD Project Lead
Experience and exposure within the PTD department of an FMCG business (or within departments detailed above) with the aptitude to handle optimisation projects is preferred. Additionally:
- Thorough knowledge of LEAN tools and techniques (especially OEE), but just knowing the theory is not enough. You must be able to demonstrate a quantifiable track record of delivering projects and improvements at all levels.
- A high degree of computer literacy is essential - experience with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Project will be key in communicating and tracking projects.
This position of PTD project lead runs for one year.
Please apply as soon as possible. Applications will be handled as and when they are received. In return you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work with a market leading company that encourages internal promotion.
More searches like this
- Development Food Manufacturing jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Operations Food Manufacturing jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Packaging Food Manufacturing jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Production Food Manufacturing jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Supply Chain Food Manufacturing jobs in Bristol (City Centre)