regulatory compliance manager
innocent started with a simple mission: to make drinks that make it easy to do yourself some good. In 1999 we concocted a few smoothies in our kitchen and tested them on people at a music festival; today we’re blending every type of fruit & veg under the sun and selling drinks right across Europe. We have great ambitions: to show the world that you can build a successful business that cares about more than just profit, and to leave things better than we find them. We’re proud to call ourselves Europe’s favourite little healthy drinks company, but we’re still growing. And that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition, to join in with the next, most exciting, part of our story.
what you'll be doing
We’re looking for someone with a food regulatory background and fluency in German to join the Central Technical team as a Regulatory Compliance Manager.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for the legality of our drinks in our German speaking and Nordic markets. You’ll work closely with our Marketing and Innovation teams, supporting our plans for the launch of our latest stuff. You’ll work with the wider technical team, being responsible for the safety, quality and legality of our drinks – from ingredients to the final bottle.
Your responsibilities will cover day to day processes to ensure our drinks remain legal in our markets, being the “go to” person for product regulatory support in a number of our sales regions, and you’ll be heavily involved in new concept development to ensure any new stuff we bring to market is legally compliant.
These activities go hand in hand with day to day data management, risk assessments and clear communication with stakeholders internally and external partners, trade associations and other organisations.
The role will also include some specific projects responsibilities, determined by business needs at the time you join us.
The role is based here in Fruit Towers, London and could be part-time (4 days per week) or full-time.
- a food, science or food law degree and/or experience working in the technical world of the food sector
- a good understanding of EU law, and application to food and drink
- fluency in German
- solid risk assessment skills, or strong HACCP knowledge
- organisational skills - experience in planning or managing process would be ideal
- analytical and problem solving skills - we work with a lot of numbers, so you’ll need to be comfortable manipulating and analysing data in our systems, including Excel
- the ability to translate complex stuff into a simple message, with just the right amount of detail for the appropriate stakeholders
- flexibility and commitment - as part of the Fruit Technical team, you’ll need to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into a variety of jobs, and we’ll expect you to approach every task with the same enthusiasm
- diverse experience in the innocent technical world
- opportunity to grow your technical knowledge
- involved in different aspects of our supply chain end to end
- to work with a number of different innocent teams internally and externally.
As well as the standard stuff you get for turning up for work, we have some great clubs, a free breakfast and as many smoothies as you can shake a stick at. Take a look at our reward page for more details. You will help us to keep doing business the right way – keeping innocent one of the Sunday Times Best Places to Work, using our B Corp status to inspire wider change, and reinforcing our culture of staying little as we grow big. If you think you have everything we're looking for and more, then we'd love to hear from you. You'll need to get your skates on though, as applications close soon.
Dolly Parton may have worked Nine to Five but you don't have to. We're all about being healthy and happy here at innocent so we're open to a chat about flexible working. No promises, but we reckon that if it's good for you, then it's good for us.
No agencies please.