Development Process Manager
Development Process Manager
Founded on a mission to rapidly improve the health of people and planet, allplants is an award-winning, privately-owned food start-up encouraging people to fall in love with food made from plants. Eating more plants is the most impactful way to reduce your environmental footprint. It can also reduce your risk of heart disease, improve digestion and contribute to your 5-a-day. To make it easy for everyone to get started, allplants have launched with ready-to-eat meals delivered to your door and have served over 500,000 meals since 2017.
We intend to become the UK’s choice food brand delivering a better future for people and planet, we’ll then go global. In 5 years time, we expect allplants to exist across a variety of on and offline channels from retail to restaurants, catering to eComm.
This role will be responsible for managing the trial and launch process for all new SKUs, ensuring the smooth transfer of products from the development kitchen to full scale production and onto launch.
- Ensuring concept samples developed can be successfully translated to full scale production.
- Aiding trial and launch products in the factory, in line with critical paths ensuring records and trial paperwork are maintained in full for due diligence.
- Challenging and improving processes through lean techniques to aid problem solving.
- Being the point of contact relating to all of the food ops team for queries relating to trials and launches.
- Developing and motivating existing team members.
your skills and experience.
You’ll be a great fit here if:
- You are a resilient self-starter with a real passion for the beauty and elegance of great tasting healthy food.
- You personally envision a plant-powered future for our planet, and understand the opportunity we have to inspire billions with delicious creativity made available for everyone.
- You may have a Food Science degree or equivalent or relevant Food Industry experience.
- Have High Risk Chilled / Frozen Food Manufacturing Experience.
- A solid understanding of, and experience in, a variety of food manufacturing process, ideally within plant based food.
- Experience or understanding of NPD, or process development.
- Project Management and Critical Path Management experience.
- You are a voracious learner and scientifically curious, with a strong ability to interpret data and act upon it.
- Understand ‘what good looks and tastes like’ and best practices in terms of food manufacturing processes.
- You organise like a pro, with a natural drive to plan and track projects - you are detail oriented, able to clearly brief others and balance priorities in a dynamic high pace environment.
- You know how to work to and smash incredibly tight deadlines and apply a sharp attention to process, detail and quality.
- You are energetic and enthusiastic, with a positive attitude at all times, and understand the importance of creating a great culture through deliberate design.
- You are an effective communicator, and work well within a team, you know how to handle difficult situations and character types to get the very best out of everyone.
- You bring humility and a sense of humour to even the toughest of moments.
- Do something that matters, that our world needs, and work with people excitedly dedicated on that same mission of a lifetime.
- Career development plan & training at Europe’s fastest growing plant-powered food startup.
- Free healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks, and team fun events
- You’ll be part of a business with purpose, using commercial growth to serve people & planet.
- Join an energetic, passionate and supportive team, who care about every dish and each other
- Get in early at a VC-backed startup, while growing alongside an allstar team
- Competitive salary package including share options scheme and pension
- Regular social gatherings and an intimate, collaborative environment