Produce Quality Assurance Manager
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team based out of our offices in either Harefield or Wellingborough. In this role, you will be the custodian for product quality, for all fresh produce, ensuring all trading and ethical standards are met. Working across our five distribution centres you will actively monitor the quality and adherence to specification of all fresh produce, internal liaison with commercial and technical colleagues and when necessary external liaison with suppliers.
- Competitive salary
- Company car
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays, rising with length of service
- Colleague discount card, offering 10% discount at Booker and Makro stores
- Tesco colleague discount card after 6 months service
- Special double discount days offering 20% off
- Save As You Earn scheme
- Cash back health care scheme
- Capturing and sharing retailer feedback with suppliers
- The introduction of period reporting and summarising issues encountered.
- Ensuring our supply chain are handling fresh produce correctly and not compromising quality and shelf-life
- Raising the profile of Booker Retail Partners Quality Assurance effort amongst fresh produce suppliers
- Identifying ways to continuously improve quality standards, highlighting issues and risks, making recommendations and implementing change and improvement
- Working with suppliers, providing them with the tools to enable them to adhere to company policies, processes and procedures
- Fortnightly visits to each of the distribution centres
- Previous experience within a similar Technical/QA role with fresh produce (fruit and veg)
- Good reporting/data analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- An eye for quality and detail,
- To be thorough and diligent in every task
- Computer literate in all MS packages
- Happy to travel across our sites and have the flexibility to cover early morning and evening visits.
About the company
Booker is the UK's leading food and drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you'll be part or an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.