- To control the goods coming into the business to the risk assessed schedule, taking of samples and completion of paperwork.
- To carry out internal audits to schedule including glass, blades and personal hygiene.
- To monitor the standards of hygiene, housekeeping, food safety, traceability, allergen management, legality and quality.
- To ensure the control, quarantine and corrective action of any non-conforming products.
- To help with monitoring and investigating complaints, returns, weight control issues and metal finds relating to the production factory.
- To help with organise and assess laboratory testing as required.
- To create and provide certificates of conformance to customers at the point of despatch
- Any other duties requested by a Manager or Director.
· Ability to work autonomously and with a team
· Attention to detail is imperative
· Ability to deal with a complexity of products
· Computer literate.
· Flexibility to cover sickness or holidays at short notice
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Experience in a similar role within a food manufacture environment
· Preferably a food science graduate or at least educated to A' level standard in science subject, previous laboratory or quality control and assurance experience is an advantage, preferably gained within the food/beverages industry.
Preferably experience with auditing, knowledge and/ or experience of HACCP