Food Technician (Laboratory)
To undertake analysis of client samples and support associated method development activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out analysis of foodstuffs and materials relating to the food industry according to client instructions, within agreed timescales.
- Carry out administrative tasks relating to analytical work e.g. sample receipt and booking in of samples into LabWARE LIMS
- Perform method development activates under the direction of a senior analyst. Collect data and produce reports.
- Ensure all aspects of Quality are managed according to company standards, including maintaining QC records for global migration tests
- Maintenance of UKAS accredited methods relating to migration
- Calibration, maintenance and daily monitoring of lab equipment e.g. balances, pipettes
- A-levels in science (minimum) related subject and/or relevant laboratory experience
- Experience using Microsoft packages - word/excel/outlook/PowerPoint
- Experience working within an accreditation scheme
- Ability to work in a small team
- Flexibility to work on a number of tasks and manage priorities
To apply or for more information, please e-mail in strict confidence, with an updated CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of Lesa to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.