Production Team Leader
An exciting opportunity for a Production Team Leader to join a well-established manufacturer of food products.
A privately owned, well-established manufacturer of a wide variety of ready to eat food products, supplying major multiple retailers and food service companies.
Team Leaders will report to their Section Manager and will be responsible for providing leadership and operational support in managing teams of operatives to achieve optimum levels of efficiency whilst producing a quality product. Other key responsibilities will include:
- Supervising the factory production to ensure that 100% service level is achieved for all clients and customers.
- Manage the receipt, filing & issuing of customer orders to the lines
- Engaging, developing and supporting Operators in the Production department and setting clear standards, objectives and expectations
- Allocating work, managing staffing levels and ensuring that attendance, grievance and disciplinary matters are dealt with in accordance with Company's policies and procedures
- Providing regular coaching, guidance and advice on day to day team issues and problems
- Conducting well-structured Daily Management Systems (DMS) meetings
- Monitoring all process control points and ensuring that timely and accurate records are maintained
- Driving continuous improvement to improve up time, rate and capacity
- Proactively supporting site safety/environment/quality initiatives
- Ensure employees are motivated, encouraged and recognized for their work performance communicating effectively with them to engage them and make them feel a valued member of the team.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE will ideally have Food Industry experience with:
- Previous leadership experience
- Planning and Labour Utilisation;
- Health & Safety;
- Food Hygiene.
If this is the role for you then apply today!!
Kandhu Recruitment will consider all applications based on each candidate's suitability to the role or similar roles within the Food Sector and if we feel you are a relevant candidate we will process your application by adding you to our secure recruitment database and then contacting you to progress job opportunities further. We do not contact unsuitable applicants.