Do you have a transport background and looking for your next step in management? A vacancy has arisen at our Carmarthen depot for a Supervisor. This is a permanent full time position working any 5 from 7 days.
Our depot supervisors/ transport supervisors are responsible for working with our Depot Managers to achieve the required depot performance through effective planning, organisation, direction and control of the depot team.
- Work with the Depot Manager to achieve the required depot performance through effective planning, organisation, direction and control of the depot team.
- Plan and direct shift resources and equipment, responding to identified risks and issues by appropriately redirecting resource to meet planned outputs
- Actively manage a safe environment at all times by ensuring all tasks are conducted in a safe manner, as defined in the H&S plan and ensuring all equipment and resources are in a safe operating condition
- Build positive working relationships and address localised operational risks and issues
- Provide leadership and direction to shift teams to ensure that people are engaged, focused and delivering their potential
- Ensure all mandatory/skills training is up to date in line with audit requirements
- Propose and implement continuous improvement so that duplication and non-value adding activity is removed
You will need to be able to be self-motivated and flexible, be able to use your own initiative and a good communicator at all levels. Experience of managing a team would be an advantage.
About the company
Greencore Group plc is a leading manufacturer of convenience foods. We are proud to supply a wide range of chilled, frozen and ambient foods to some of the most successful retail and food service customers in the UK.
We do this by combining a passion for great food, an effective business system, efficient cost control and exceptional people in an approach we call The Greencore Way.