Supplier Quality Manager - 6 month FTC
Nigel Wright is delighted to be partnering with a market-leading branded and own label snacking business, best known for a portfolio including some of the most iconic British ambient brands.
They are looking to recruit a Vendor Assurance Manager who has a quality mindset and can work with vendors to ensure adherence to legal, customer and company requirements. This is a fixed term contract and will require travel across sites.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with vendors and communicating the standards and requirements for ingredients, ensuring measure are in place for compliance
- Working with internal stakeholders to manage and perform vendor audits
- Assess vendors and approve or reject as appropriate
- Working with internal stakeholders to review vendor performance and drive corrective actions to ensure continuous improvement
- Manage any complaints received internally, feeding back to the appropriate parties in order to reduce the level of complaints
- In conjunction with internal stakeholders, drive and implement category strategies
- Agree raw material and packaging material with vendors and internally
- Provide overviews of vendor capabilities and areas of improvement, internally to the business
- Identify and implement initiatives that will encourage product quality improvement
In order to be considered for this role, you must be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- BSc/MSc in a Science based field (Food, Microbiology, Science etc)
- Demonstrable experience in quality management and vendor assurance
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems and legislation relating to food manufacturing
Please note this role will require travel.