Group Manufacturing Director
Group Manufacturing Director
Are you a highly experienced manufacturing professional looking for a new challenge?
Do you have the management experience to guide & develop a high potential leadership team?
Do you have a keen eye for identifying business improvement opportunities?
MacGregor Black is currently working with an award-winning UK textile manufacturer, on an exclusive search for a strategically focused Group Manufacturing Director. This is a Full-Time permanent role, based in Yorkshire, with flexibility to travel to other UK and International sites as and when required.
The Group Manufacturing Director is a key role in the business – as the company grows & expands, the Operations Director will develop, future plan, agree and implement the groups strategic aims with the Board. In addition, taking full responsibility for the performance of each of the operational sites and ensuring that H&S, employee engagement, quality, process efficiency, continuous improvement and people management are optimised. The role will also ensure that the operations teams have appropriate succession planning and effective teamworking with other departments on an ongoing basis. Maintaining excellent relationships with customers, suppliers and key industry contacts is also a key part of the responsibilities. In addition, keeping abreast of latest technological developments and understanding how to use them to gain a competitive advantage along with availability of grant funding to support their introduction. The role also includes responsibility for 500 members of the Operations team.
- Work closely with the Board to develop, agree & implement group strategic plans. Develop and deliver the 5-year operations strategy aligned with the groups strategic objectives plans of other departments and the business as a whole. Ensure that manufacturing capacity and culture within the teams are aligned with the business needs. Translating the company’s strategic plans into defined operational plans
- Optimise process and plant layouts across the business
- Ensure a customer focused response at all times from all operations team members. Overhaul customer service activities and implement minimum standards across all contact with customers
- Ensure that the Operations team are aware of and trialling and implementing the latest technological advances into the operation to gain competitive advantage. This will require the building of close relationships with key academic and manufacturing / textile industry contacts
- Guide the groups continuous improvement activity, including the groups Lean manufacturing strategy to reduce unit cost and improve efficiency across all aspects of the operation
- Work closely with the HR teams to drive employee engagement and excellent people management processes
What are we looking for?
- Strong communication & leadership skills, engaging & motivating personality
- Degree in management studies or a technical discipline is desirable
- Self-motivated and flexible (flexibility of hours is a must as site operates over 24hrs)
- At least 5 years successful manufacturing management experience at a senior level
- Commercial awareness with an eye for seeing business improvement opportunities
- Excellent stakeholder management, ability to communicate complex business ideas
- Highly motivated with a passion for driving operational business excellence and change
- English (essential), proficiency in a second European language (desirable)
Our client is offering a highly-competitive salary with excellent additional benefits for the right candidate.
If you are interested in discussing this opportunity confidentially, contact us today.