Group HSE Manager
You have the chance to join a globally recognised company that are investing in developing their HSE awareness. As the Group HSE Manager you will be leading the development, implementation and communication of the regions HSE transformation.
This is a leading company that work with major retailers and as such have been striving for operational excellence; investing in stringent HSE processes in order to keep up with customer expectations and to ensure an efficient and safe working environment. You will be the driving force behind the implementation of the region's strategy and developing a best practice HSE culture.
As the Group HSE Manager you will be reporting into an HSE Director and working closely with multiple sites in order to help transform the working culture & champion health, safety & environmental best practice.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsibility for multiple sites within a cluster
- Drive business Standardisation and assist with the continued adherence to the health & safety management systems and any other relevant HSE policies at the site(s)
- Meet annual Safety, Health and Environmental objectives which will be assessed via the performance management system
- Assist the central HSE function in delivering the functional business objectives
- Coordinate and assist the Management team(s) in HSE initiatives at the site(s)
- Deputise for the HSE Director responsibilities when nominated to do so
- Take responsibility for the full scope of HSE activities within the cluster of sites and carry out regular reviews
- Provide guidance and direction to site Management teams to ensure continued compliance and improvement of HSE
- Monitor the accuracy and quality of information and ensure trend analysis is produced and used by sites
- Undertake relevant HSE audits and associated create action plans in line with corporate requirements
- Coordinate the HSE monitoring programme to ensure legal and organisational compliance
- Keep abreast of Health & Safety legislation and ensure that site management teams are kept up to date with Health & Safety legislation updates. Site processes meet any statutory inspections required i.e. bay doors, lights, PAT, fire extinguishers, fire alarm system, etc.
- Attend Health & Safety committee meetings where appropriate
- Assist in the design, implementation and management of all company safety initiatives
- Provide training and guidance to ensure risk assessments and safe systems of work are developed and maintained. To provide coaching to improve the quality of assessments and control measures. To drive action where risks are identified and ensure closure on agreed action
- Assist the management team in the understanding of their H&S responsibilities
- Help identify, assess and implement actions to reduce personal injuries, motor incidents & claims
- Stay conversant as to relevant H&S skill and qualification levels required for effective performance
THIS ROLE WILL BE BASED FROM BIRMINGHAM BUT WILL REQUIRE NATIONAL TRAVEL
A Health, Safety & Environmental professional with the passion to drive HSE best practice and the following:
Circa £55,000 - £60,000 + Car + Benefits