Production Manager (evenings)
Our client, a leading international supplier of Chilled Food Products is looking to expand their team and appoint a Production Manager for their Evening Shift at their site based in Cambridgeshire. Reporting to the Senior Production Manager, the successful candidate will play a key role in driving the business forward by being responsible for the efficient management of the Production department with an emphasis on meeting production targets, controlling unit costs, ensuring the highest standards of quality and hygiene are met and overall delivering effective leadership for the Production Team. This role will also require you to have a ‘hands on’ management style, developing and motivating the Production Team, whilst continuing to build strong relations with all internal and external customers.
- Actively supporting the learning and development of the Production Team ensuring compliance and other internal training requirements are achieved and maintained
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders ensuring 100% service level is achieved at all times whilst fully utilising all relevant raw materials, packaging and other resources
- Applying all aspects of Lean Manufacturing across the areas of responsibility and striving for continuous improvement
Skills and experience:
- Forward thinking and practical with strong leadership skills
- A real commitment to manufacturing excellence
- Strong interpersonal skills and Managerial experience within a busy manufacturing environment, ideally in a chilled environment working with short shelf life products however other fast paced Food Manufacturing environments will be considered
- Organised and able to manage and delegate multiple tasks effectively
- A confident communicator and decision maker
- Lean Manufacturing Experience
- One of the UK’s leading Chilled Food Companies producing innovative and tasty products
- A Vision to ensure they deliver on their pledge to become one of the UK’s truly great food companies
- A complex and varied range of products, customers and packaging formats
- Sites operating to the highest industry standards, where Food Safety and Quality are a key priority
This is an Evening Shift Production Manager role and is Site Based, 40 hours per week, Monday – Thursday 5pm – 2.30am and Friday 5pm – 9pm.
If you have the relevant experience and you are looking for a challenging and interesting role within a leading food company, then this could be the job for you.
If you are interested, then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4363 with an updated CV.