Machine Operative - Days
Do you want to be paid weekly for a permanent job? Then look no further!
We are recruiting for a Machine Operative to work on day shift at our site in Worksop, Nottinghamshire
As a Machine Operative you will report to the Line Controller and you will have responsibility for operating machines within the Packing area of production to enable continuous production and quality of product.
Shift pattern is Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday starting at 5:45am and finishing at 2.15pm
Pay ,rates start at £8.21 per hour for 13 weeks training if you have no previous experience. The rate is £9.07 after 13 weeks or sooner if you have previous experience in a similar role.
As a Machine Operative you will operate either the Flow Wrap or Proseal by setting up the machine ensuring correct date, labels, blister type and temperature. You will ensure full supply of materials to maintain machine operation throughout your shift, completing all necessary documentation, e.g. label sheets etc. as specified.
Other duties include reporting all down time and machine issues to Line Controller/Engineering as appropriate, carrying out relevant Health & Safety checks and carrying out other duties as from time to time may be reasonably required e.g. Stock Checks
This role requires a good standard of Maths and English, high level of accuracy and attention to detail to enable the accurate completion of paperwork.
An awareness of Health & Safety procedures is also beneficial.
Flexibility to work is essential as you may be required to move from machine to machine and cover key shifts/ hours within this fast paced business environment.
About the company
- Overtime paid at time and a half - above contracted 42 hours per week
- Paid for every minute you work from your contracted start time
- Free Parking
- Fully subsidised canteen serving hot food and sandwiches
- Staff Shop - discounted products e.g. ready meals, sandwiches, cakes and other items
- Training, development and qualifications to help you grow your career. Qualifications include Advanced Operator, Team Leader, Food Technologist, Project Manager and Trainee Manager.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company Pension scheme
- Childcare Scheme
- Shopping discounts with multiple retailer discounts and offers
- Sharesave Scheme
- Westfield Health Care - Healthcare Cash Plan