Production Team Leader - Nights
Do you want to be paid weekly for a permanent job? Do you want to work part time at weekends and have 5 days off per week?
We are currently recruiting for Supervisors / Team Leaders to join us in the role of Line Controller / First Line Leader / Supervisor working nights at our Manton Wood "Food to Go" Production Facility. Shifts start at 5.30pm.
Your key focus will be to control a food production line and manage a team of up to 40 operatives to ensure products are consistently prepared to company standards and within the agreed production plan.
Salary range £14669 to £17764 DOE
This role is working Saturday and Sunday nights 5.30pm to 5.30am = 23 hours after breaks
As Line Controller / First Line Leader you will have responsibility for a food production line and will ensure that production meets with the agreed plan. You will manage and lead a team of up to 40 operatives and ensure that performance within your area is maximised through careful monitoring, identifying trends and acting upon opportunities to increase quality and performance.
You’ll also understand the value of great communication and you’ll run daily meetings along with weekly briefings for your team to ensure they are clearly focused on their key objectives and as individuals, developed to maximise their potential.
We run recruitment / assessment events on a weekly basis. PLEASE NOTE - If you apply for multiple roles then YOU WILL ONLY BE INVITED TO ATTEND ONE ASSESSMENT EVENT.
During the event we will conduct a site tour so you are able to see each of the roles and the environment you will work in. We will talk through ALL vacancies we have available in all departments at Manton Wood and you will be asked to select your first and second choices.
If your choices are appropriate based on your skills and/or previous experience, then we will assess you against these.
If you are successful you will be told on the day and it is likely you will be offered your first choice.
- Previous experience working in Food Manufacturing is preferred but not essential
- Previous experience leading a team is preferred
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to adapt communication style to direct and manage none English speaking people within your team
- Able to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- An accreditation in level 2 food hygiene and HACCP would be beneficial but full training is provided
- English Level 2 or above
- Maths Level 2 or above
About the company
- Free on site Gym accessible 24/7
- Staff Shop - discounted products e.g. ready meals, sandwiches, cakes and other items
- Training, development and qualifications to help you grow your career. Qualifications include Advanced Operator, Team Leader, Food Technologist, Project Manager and Trainee Manager.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company Pension scheme
- Childcare Scheme
- Shopping discounts with multiple retailer discounts and offers
- Share save Scheme
- Free Parking
- Fully subsidised canteen serving hot food and sandwiches
- Westfield Health Care - Healthcare Cash Plan
Manton Wood is the flagship site for Greencore and we are very proud of our success and achievements. 25% of site vacancies are offered to internal employees demonstrating that we put people at the core in everything we do.
Greencore, Manton Wood produce fresh sandwiches and wraps for many of the Supermarket retailers in the UK. We produce over 4 million sandwiches every week and have almost 2000 employees. The site operate / Produce over a 7 day week across 2 shift patterns - Days and Nights. Greencore is a successful and growing business offering plenty of opportunity for employees looking to advance their career in the Food Manufacturing industry.