Supply Chain Coordinator
A dynamic and driven Food Importer and Distributor is searching for a Supply Chain Coordinator to join their business. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career and become an important part of a highly-talented and hard-working Supply Chain team.
You'll cover a range of duties and will work with a highly talented Supply Chain Team, reporting in to the head of the department. You will be able to learn a lot from your colleagues and managers and there will be real scope to develop your career within this fast-paced business.
Key aspects of the role will include:
- Optimising stock levels through the purchase of products from a designated supply base, in-line with purchasing procedures.
- Effective maintenance of Product Information and Pricing.
- Working closely with the International Logistics Controller to minimise wastage and avoidance of lost sales due to lack of product availability.
- Analysis and reporting of all aspects of the product supply processes.
- Identifying and proposing new ways to reduce expenditure without compromising service.
- Produce, update and distribute reports as required.
- Create, maintain and enhance relationships with colleagues and suppliers through effective communication.
- Assist in the induction and integration of new department or company members as required.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
To succeed you will need an excellent telephone manner and the ability talk to people from many different backgrounds and levels.
Other preferable skills include:
- Previous experience in a similar Supply Chain role is essential
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word.
- Strong team player with a proactive attitude.
- Experience of importing and/or stock control preferable.
- It would be an advantage to be educated at degree level in a relevant field.
If this job is of interest and you would like to investigate further, apply TODAY!
"Kandhu Recruitment will consider all applications based on each candidate's suitability to the role or similar roles within the Food Sector and if we feel you are a relevant candidate we will process your application by adding you to our secure recruitment database and then contacting you to progress job opportunities further. We do not contact unsuitable applicants."