Fast growing and successful business based in Bath are looking for a Production Engineer to assess their processes and improve them through upgrades and capital expenditure.
This company are renowned for producing the highest quality of product in their market. They pride their selves on the quality of their product and this is a constant focus within the organisation to make sure they remain number one through reputation and service.
This growing business in Bath invest in their manufacturing and their people. The key to their success as a company is product development and their considerable annual investment in Research and Development highlighting their dedication to continual product advancement.
They strive to launch a new product every year. Constant innovation and site investment allows them to stay ahead of the market by enabling them to always build on their expert knowledge, in order to better both their product offerings and services to their clients.
Reporting directly into the Operations Manager, the Production Engineer will look to manage and close out projects by taking them from concept to creation.
- Work closely with sales to drive New Product Introduction, taking projects from sales right through to Production
- Support the Operational team by providing solutions to Manufacturing processes using tools such as FMEA
- Drive continuous improvement activities such as 5s, value stream mapping and kaizen that will focus on eliminating waste
- Strengthen the relationship with the Quality department to improve non-conformance issues
- Interface with various departments
- Support both customer and internal queries identifying and resolving issues
To be successful the Production Engineer will need:
- Proficiency in 3d Solidworks
- Excellent knowledge of all the production processes
- Report writing and project management
- Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings and geometric tolerances
- CAD proficiency
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical engineering
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent
- Ability to engage and influence across all levels
Salary dependant on experience