An exciting and challenging role for a Junior Technical Manager or a QA Manager looking to take the next step and join a fast-paced and highly successful Food Manufacturer.
OUR CLIENT is a medium sized family business supplying premium products to major UK supermarkets and food service organisations. The business is well respected and successful -its success is based on hard work, flexibility, innovation and delivering results.
- Management of BRC V 8 ( the full system ) and other certification including RT and own label products.
- Ensuring compliance of BRC and RT customer requirements
- Host all visits and audits
- Co-ordinate and assist with managing launches for all customers
- Specifications (supplier and retail as required) plus experience of using own label platforms
- Manage legislation and implement changes
- Maintain laboratory testing and results
- Managing KPI`s
- Ensure compliance with customer standards
- Manage artwork process
- Handling of customer complaints including trend analysis every month, monthly reports.
- Supplier Assurance monitoring and management
- Auditing suppliers and managing customer visits
- Technical Documents Control
- General Technical Enquiries, liaising with suppliers and customers for technical data
- Lead the technical and quality functions ensuring it fulfils all the stakeholders requirements
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We're looking for a candidate that shows enthusiasm, initiative and excellent communication skills. However, the following basic skills are an advantage -
- Degree qualified in food science or related subject or at least 5 years experience in the role
- Qualified to carry out internal and external audits
- Attained HACCP level 3 minimum
- Past experience of working with chilled meat products would be a distinct advantage
- Experience in quality management systems, auditing, product label approval, specifications and technical documentation generation
- Experience of working directly with suppliers
The ability to work effectively as part of a team is of course a pre-requisite
If this job is of interest and you would like to investigate further, apply TODAY!
"Kandhu Recruitment will consider all applications based on each candidate's suitability to the role or similar roles within the Food Sector and if we feel you are a relevant candidate we will process your application by adding you to our secure recruitment database and then contacting you to progress job opportunities further. We do not contact unsuitable applicants."