To provide exemplary quality auditing & management duties in the smooth operation of the organisation's production objectives and targets in accordance with quality, BRC and safety standards
- To effectively manage, audit and motivate in the absence of the Technical Manager a team of QA operatives and their duties in order to meet production targets.
- Assistant in the development, implementation and management of hygiene standards and procedures.
- Assist in managing existing suppliers and approving new suppliers, including raw material specifications and intake checks.
- Effectively train and educate staff according to the needs determined by the business, customer and legislative requirements.
- To cover for QA shifts when departmental requirements arise.
- To review, audit and challenge factory operations, product quality and quality systems to ensure that manufacturing operations maintain the highest standards of food safety and product integrity in line with the Technical Manager's requirements.
- Assisting in the development and monitoring of HACCP and quality systems in accordance to the latest BRC and customer standards.
- To adhere to and promote best practice in accordance with company health, safety and quality regulations.
- Process and data analysis (e.g. yields, complaints, weight control), validation and improvement.
- Investigate and respond to customer complaints within a timely manner, following through on corrective actions and ensuring further training is completed where appropriate.
- To conduct factory audits to ensure that all areas comply with hygienic audits, both internal and external, reporting any anomalies found.
- To ensure GMP (good manufacturing practices) and housekeeping (clean as you go) are strictly adhered to by all staff.
- To liaise with agency controllers on a day to day basis providing feedback regarding agency workers.
- To manage the training and development of new starters within own department and provide on-going training in line with BRC standard to existing employees.
- To act as a role model for best practice.
- Monitor, control and minimise waste and play an active part in continuous improvement.
- Liaise with Senior Management Teams with any reasonable requests.
- Drive own personal development through training and work based experience.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time, that reasonably fall within the scope and grade of the post.
- Collect, collate and check to ensure all paperwork is returned complete and signed daily.
- Ensure verifications are being conducted on temperature recording equipment and weighing scales on a daily basis.
- Assess product quality on the production line in accordance to customer's specification.
- Conduct daily and weekly hygiene and glass audits.
- Conduct and organise environmental swabbing and product analysis as schedule dictates.
- Monitoring the QA team regarding checking goods in and monitoring the progress throughout the business.
- Assist in routine audits and daily issues.
- Any other duty as may be considered necessary to assist the business
- Full knowledge of HACCP / HACCP Qualification.
- Food industry experience in a chilled environment.
- Systems and procedural knowledge.
- Knowledge of BRC 6 requirements relating to specifications.
- Excellent communication skills
- IT Literate / proficient at using Microsoft office programs.
- Excellent English (both spoken and written skills).
- Driven and motivated.
- Completer / finisher.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Positive attitude to work colleagues.
- Works well under pressure.
- Previous experience as a Quality Manager in a FMCG environment.
- 45 hours per week contract over 5 day period.
- Hours: 8am-5pm.
- Monday - Friday.
- 30 minutes for lunch paid