Job Type: Shift Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Days: 4 on 4 off 2 days 2 nights
Hours: 05.30 – 17.30 / 17.30 – 05.30
Are you looking to be part of a leading FMCG business? Somewhere where you can achieve real success and fully utilise your skillset working as part of the engineering team
My client who is based in the Kent is part of a multi sited organisation who are well respected in the FMCG Industry. This market leading company have an excellent reputation supplying to major retailers.
- As a Shift Engineer you will carry out PPM duties reporting into the engineering manager.
- Maintain equipment using fault finding techniques across the manufacturing site.
- Daily breakdowns of all machinery across site.
- Completion of all paperwork with full explanations of works carried out during day/night (shift handover).
- Maintain engineering workshop repairs to a minimum, tagging items and informing departments as repairs completed
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly PPM schedule and other tasks as required.
The successful candidate:
- Experience working in a FMCG environment is essential (ideally food and drink manufacturing)
- Multi skilled engineer qualified to City and Guilds level 3 or equivalent.
- Experience working with PLCs, PPM, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Conveyors.
- Passion and drive to innovate and put forwards improvement ideas.
- Strong people skills with a proven track record of leading a small team and the ability to be diplomatic and decisive
- Ability to engage a team at all levels and understand key motivators in order to drive performance
- Good understanding of H&S across manufacturing sites would be an advantage.
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV to Daniel.Fitzsimons@advocate-group.co.uk or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note The Advocate Group is acting as an employment agency & business.