Technical Compliance Auditor
- Contract Type
Are you a Technical Compliance Auditor or QA with Food Industry experience looking for a fresh challenge?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
This role has become available due to internal promotion and is an integral part of our business. Ensuring food safety within the supply chain and ensuring our suppliers meet required legislation and ethics has never been more important.
You will be working at one of our sites on the Chichester Food Park in beautiful West Sussex. Our offices are modern and open plan so there's great team camaraderie.
We are one of the largest employers in the Chichester area, employing more than 1,200 talented individuals and we are growing!
So, it's an exciting time to join us, make your mark and be a proud part of our onward journey.
A day in the life of our Technical Compliance Auditors
We make delicious salad meals, fruit pots, coleslaw, potato salad, bagged salads and leafy salad bowls across our 4 manufacturing sites. Our products are stocked by leading Retail supermarkets & popular restaurant chains, consumed by millions of customers in the UK. So, you may well have eaten something made by us!
This role is based within our central Technical team and you will specialise in ingredients for this role. You will also work with suppliers within the meat, fish, dairy, fruit and veg industries and look after your very own group of Suppliers.
You will work closely with the other Auditors and internal teams building good relationships particularly with the wider Technical team, Supply chain and Operations.
Every day is different however these will be your key responsibilities:
- Conduct internal / external supplier audits to ensure the business is compliant in relation to Food Safety and customer requirements.
- Oversee supplier approval process (new and existing suppliers).
- Manage supplier audit schedule, ensuring audits are completed within risk assessed frequency and any day to day issues are resolved.
- Plan and carry out internal NWF Compliance Audits reporting results back to business, encouraging best practice and continuous improvement.
- Ensure the highest food safety standards and due diligence systems are maintained within all categories of the supply base.
- Communicate supplier compliance updates and approval lists to customers.
- Flexibility available to manage your own diary.
- We have more than 700 suppliers in a variety of industry sectors including meat, fish, dairy, fruit and veg. You will be looking after ingredients suppliers.
- Generating, reporting and maintaining supplier approval and compliance information.
Role type: Permanent.
Hours: 8.30am - 5.30pm - Monday - Friday
Travel to suppliers in the UK and abroad for a few days every month to carry out audits so flexibility is required on occasion.
- Experienced Food Technical Auditor or a Graduate in Science / Food / Nutrition with some work experience or a QA looking for a new challenge.
- Experience of the food industry is essential.
- Interest in food safety and compliance.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Diplomatic and happy to challenge suppliers when required as food safety is paramount to our business.
Your journey with us…
Our Technical compliance team is important to ensure that commercial business decisions are made with accurate financial information.
There's plenty of training opportunities and you'll be able to undertake internal and external training courses to build your skillset from soft skills to continuing your professional training in your area of expertise.
You will be spoilt for choice with future career development opportunities at Natures Way Foods, whether you decide to continue climbing the ladder in the Technical Compliance team or want to be the best in your area of knowledge, we will help make your career ambitions a reality.
- A competitive salary.
- Company performance bonus.
- Company pension.
- 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holidays.
- Discounted gym membership.
- 1 day company paid volunteering day.
- Healthshield Perks healthcare package.
- Life Assurance policy.
- Plenty of development and training opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Exclusive online benefits and discounts.
- Business casual dress down policy.
- Free parking available across all sites.
We are Lovers of the Leaf, Kings of Coleslaw, Fanatic about our Fruit and proud of our Stunning Salad Meals!
As a private label food manufacturer, our products are sold in Retailers (including - Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, Aldi) and Foodservice businesses (including McDonald's, Pret and Itsu).
Our 4 manufacturing sites are centres of excellence and have grown significantly since 1994. Natures Way Foods has a core foundation in the Chichester area, employing over 1,200 talented individuals that all have a part to play in our success story.
We are also a social bunch and get involved in a regular charitable and community projects such as Field to Fork and raising money for our chosen charity of the year.
Key Words: Technical Auditor, Food Science Graduate, Nutrition, Food Safety, Food Inspector, Food Auditor, BRC, Field to Fork, Trainee Auditor, Technical Compliance Auditor, Supply Chain, Food Compliance, Supplier Approval, Food Compliance Approval, QA, Quality Auditor, Retail, Fresh produce, meat, fish, dairy, veg, fruit, Supermarkets, Retailers, Food Industry, Food Manufacturing, FMCG, #Chichester, #NWF