Production Manager - Meat
My client is a full service distributor dealing with large sales volume, managing and controlling the entire distribution function and value chain. Their services cover supply chain, logistics, distribution, sales and promotions with best in class execution.
They are currently looking for an experienced Meat production candidate to join a newly formed organisation in Dubai.
The duties of the role will include:
- Developing the daily and weekly production schedule to ensure timely delivery of finished goods
- Supervise production of Meat items and ensure compliance with SOP’s, safety standards and QA standards
- Analyse, report and improve productivity KPI’s for the Plant.
- Review and enhance production processes, controls and systems on an ongoing basis to enhance productivity of the Plant
- Ensure effective and efficient planning of staff to maximize productivity
- Manage the product development of the plant in line with market requirements and food safety standards.
Safety and maintenance
- Ensure full implementation of the safety & security procedures and track their effectiveness in order to reach zero accidents.
- Train and educate all staff on safety and security procedures to achieve full awareness among all staff.
- Prepare and execute yearly maintenance plan of the facility and its machines
Budget and Expense control
- Ensure employee expenses, utilities and maintenance expenses are within budget
- Ensure that the Plant fully complies with all QA standards
- Ensure training is done on time in coordination with QA Supervisor
- Ensure full compliance on housekeeping, pest control, sanitisation and maintenance SOP’s.
- Prepare and facilitate internal and external audits and ensure that action plans are implemented on time
- Direct and develop process control procedures to ensure production of finished products meet quality specifications and standards
- Ensure compliance with all governmental regulations including licenses and permit
Coaching and People Development
- Provide the team with the necessary formal training, coaching and mentoring to develop their (technical) capabilities.
- Safeguard the inventory quantity and quality and implement stock count policies and procedures.
- Investigate and identify reasons behind stock variances and implement corrective actions to improve accuracy
- Ensure proper implementation of FIFO.
- Facilitate customer visits to the Plant and explain production standards to customers
Candidates must have a background in meat production and have extensive experience working in a production role with exposure to other parts of the business.
Excellent tax free salary available
Indicative Salary Range: £50000 - 64000 + Salary inclusive of accommodation and transport. 15% performance bonus
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.