As one of the most progressive businesses in their field, this business produces a large range of products to a variety of industries. They now require a dynamic and forward thinking Technical Manager to ensure the highest of policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to within the manufacturing process.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be point of contact for all BRC and other similar Factory audits.
- To prepare, manage and lead audits conducted by customers, statutory bodies, third party audit, internal audits in an efficient and timely manner
- Ensure that all members of staff are trained to the relevant level in order to maintain the A+ BRC status and comply with customer requirements.
- Manage technical standards across the site to ensure that food safety standards are met.
- The ownership of the sites HACCP and Quality Management System ensuring it is up to date and the site is audit ready, every day.
- Develop the company technical strategy, to show continuous improvement and added value.
- Lead the HACCP team. Maintain, educate and raise awareness of the HACCP system with the assistance of the HACCP team to ensure product safety and legality.
- Address site related food safety issues, identify root causes and implement robust corrective and preventive actions.
- Ensure all consumer complaints are effectively investigated and corrective action implemented.
- Ensure all allergens are effectively controlled and managed within the production environment.
- To ensure all customers technical requirements are met and be the main customer facing contact.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Good quality/technical management experience from food manufacturing environment
- Excellent working knowledge of implementing procedures to improve and retain HACCP and BRC quality standards
- Ideally educated within a food related discipline (with HACCP Level 4 desirable)
- Good understanding of food safety and quality standards and legislation
- Excellent communication and effective team management skills
- Is energetic and enthusiastic with a passion for quality foods
This is an excellent opportunity for any Technical Manager to join a business which has seen impressive growth and has exciting plans for the years to come. If you have the background and experience described please do not hesitate to apply for this role, or contact me direct on 01132 054970 or by emailing at email@example.com Alternatively, if you are not looking for your next challenge but know of someone who may be interested please feel free to share my contact details.