D R Newitt have an exciting role based in Preston for a Mechanical Fitter to come on board with an exciting company within the food industry. The role will be extremely varied and will require you to take your hand to most jobs. If you like a challenge and you are looking to progress your career then this role is for you!
Shifts: Mon - Fri / 8-5 (Days)
- Dismantle, reassemble and testing of equipment.
- Inspection & record all electro-mechanical equipment for damage and evidence of wear & tear.
- Work closely with other members of the team to minimise downtime
- PPM’s/Scheduled maintenance
- Site/plant maintenance
- Pipefitting, repairing gearboxes/valves/pumps and conveyors
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis
- Ensuring company policies and procedures are followed.
- Effective communication with the Engineering Manager, your colleagues and across the business in a professional manner.
- Adhere to health and Safety responsibilities at all times.
- Ensure that the work area is kept clean and tidy in accordance with company initiatives such as LEAN and in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- Apprentice Trained
- City & Guilds Qualified
- 3 years experience within the food industry as a mechanical fitter/engineer
- Basic welding ability (desirable)
- Basic electrical skills
The company have invested massively in their site over recent months and have big plans moving forward. This role comes with great scope for progression and development!
If this sounds like something you would be interested in then please do not hesitate to get in contact with me by applying within, calling Jacob on 0161 833 0181