Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineers
Role title: Multi-skilled Engineer
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Salary: £32,500 pa + benefits
AIM recruitment has a new opportunity for a Multi-Skilled Engineer to join a leading high-quality food manufacturer who supply the UK’s major supermarket.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the purpose of the Multi-Skilled Engineer is to facilitate the achievement of factory KPIs through the application of engineering / maintenance principles.
- Carryout tasks that include but not exclusive to electrical, mechanical and utilities of all assets in all areas of our operations across multi sites.
- Fully support operations in start-ups shutdowns, tooling changes and process problems.
- Effectively carryout all planned maintenance and fault finding.
- Support a positive can-do attitude that inspires and motivate team members.
- Continually seek learning opportunities for growth and development that improves personal and organisational performance.
- Keep up to date with all emerging engineering technologies.
- Carry out engineering daily checks as per the engineering procedure.
- Ensure engineering stock is signed out. Highlight ant stock discrepancies.
- Log all engineering tasks carried out during shift within the appropriate spread sheet.
- Ensure full process conformation on shift.
- Ensure ownership of GMP, HACCP, food safety and legality at all levels whilst always driving continuous improvements.
- Working with the cross functional teams to ensure full compliance with all Company and customer requirements including BRC.
- Participate in the improvement of the performance of our assets to maximise value, minimise waste and costs.
- Support Project implementations.
- Maintain equipment in a cost-conscious manner.
- Ensure all process equipment is running to its optimum performance.
- Repair all equipment to a high level of engineering practice.
Skills and Experience Required
- Flexible, dynamic proactive approach to modern manufacturing requirements.
- Full working knowledge of all current manufacturing and maintenance engineer legislation.
- A good understanding of Lean maintenance and TPM.
- Understand basic company Health and Safety procedures.
- Worked in food industry (preferred).
- Adequate engineering experience (at least 10 yrs).
- Recognised and validated maintenance engineering qualification or certificate training to SVQ4 standard or higher.
- Electrically biased and qualified.
- Approved apprenticeship completed.
- Can demonstrate experience with boilers.
- Can demonstrate experience with refrigeration systems.
- 17th Edition Qualified.
- FLT trained preferred.
- First Aid trained preferred.
- May consider multi skilled provided some electrical qualifications exist.
- Active team member
- Good logical approach to problem solver
Interested? Please contact Chris Clarke at AIM Recruitment on 0115 923 4651 for a confidential conversation.