Role title: Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical bias)
Location: Milton Keynes, Bedfordshire
Salary: £43,000 pa + benefits
Our client is a national food manufacturer, supplying all major food retailers, wholesalers and foodservice companies with a wide range of quality products.
We currently have opportunities available for Multi Skilled Engineers to work as part of the engineering team, working a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, (days/nights).
- To provide full engineering support to the site Production team(s) to ensure that operational targets are met.
- Carry out fault diagnosis and repair of a wide variety of electrical and mechanical systems. To include: - Pneumatics, hydraulics, pumps, valves, ovens, mixers, pressure systems, refrigeration units
- To co-operate with the production/technical teams to resolve engineering issues in a controlled/logical and professional manner.
- To proactively and methodically diagnose machine and system faults on production equipment and resolve issues in the most expedient and cost-effective manner.
- Deliver as a member of the engineering team optimal levels of performance by utilising continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- To support the Engineering and/or Site General Manager with the call-out of specialised contractors or ordering of specialist equipment when problems cannot be resolved internally.
- To actively take part in machine trials, validation work, continuous improvement and other LEAD projects.
- To report where appropriate, the findings of any machinery/process problems to the Engineering Management team.
- To ensure the workshop and stores area is kept in a tidy and organised manner and that parts used are recorded accurately and promptly.
- To ensure all activities are recorded correctly and accurately on the relevant documentation and systems (Handover Reports, Shift Reports and Work Orders etc.)
What will you bring?
- A minimum of 3 year’s multi-skilled engineering maintenance experience ideally gained within FMCG or high speed/volume production environment;
- Proven experience of mechanical, electrical, PLC’s and an understanding of control systems;
- Formal training in any CI/LEAN techniques would be advantageous.
- Apprenticeship qualification and/or Minimum HNC or ONC or C&G in either Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- IOSH – working safely
- CIEH Level 1 & 2 Food Safety
Interested? Please contact Chris Clarke at AIM Recruitment on email@example.com or call 0115 923 4651 for a confidential conversation.